Prospect Info: Coyotes Top Prospects 2016 - #4

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
C'mon, from a body of work, Chychrun has done quite well defensively and doesn't seem like a risk from the defensive standpoint.

He may not put up gigantic pt numbers, but he will be a steady Dman.

Deangelo has his warts just like Chychrun, but I'll err on the side of caution with respect to a DT coached team that the player who can defend will get the nod over one who can't.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
C'mon, from a body of work, Chychrun has done quite well defensively and doesn't seem like a risk from the defensive standpoint.

He may not put up gigantic pt numbers, but he will be a steady Dman.

Deangelo has his warts just like Chychrun, but I'll err on the side of caution with respect to a DT coached team that the player who can defend will get the nod over one who can't.

It comes down to what you think upside of Chychrun is. If you think he's going to develop into a 2D then the ranking makes sense. I don't however believe he has the level of hockey sense to be a 2D but if he simplifies his game to get some of the poor decisions ironed out that he will be a solid 4D who can play a physical 20 mins/night.

I view DeAngelo as more of a risk/reward player with an elite offensive skillset. He creates opportunity and our forwards are going to thrive with him feeding them the puck. Just a great pickup. He's a top 30-50 prospect in the entire league.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Trust me, I love Deangelo as a player that will drive possession and fit in well with our forwards moving forward...I just know that if he won't play D then he won't play.

And I do see Chychrun having #2/#3 upside, which is why I ranked him above Deangelo who I see as an upside of a #3/#4.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Voted DeAngelo

Just so much skill. Questions marks for sure, but ceiling is among the highest of any prospect in the system

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This is a tough one... but ultimately went for Tony. Chychrun could easily have a tremendous bounce back season and become the top ranked defenseman in the CHL. Right now I'm voting for the previous winner of the that reward.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
I went Fischer. He just had too good a year at Windsor and I think the way he plays / his strengths make his transition to the NHL the easiest of the guys left.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00