Prospect Info: Coyotes Top Prospect 2016 - #2

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Keller is the only one I see here turning into a first liner or top pairing defender.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Keller is the only one I see here turning into a first liner or top pairing defender.

I think you could argue that Dvo's numbers in junior (especially this year) point to him having 1st line potential. Of course he had amazing line mates and was on a great team. I think it's easy for us to ignore his upside because of where he was drafted and the fact that he is penciled into our 2nd line because of Strome.

Do I think he will be a 1st line player, probably not but his floor seems to be ridiculously high and still has 1st line potential.

Next year at this time I fully expect to be voting Keller #1.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I also think Dvo has a higher floor and is closer to the NHL so is closer to reaching it. I'll buy the argument that Keller has a higher ceiling, though.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Ideally Strome and Dvorak because Center's 1A and 1B for us. I think if we didn't have Strome we would likely be looking at Dvo as a potential 1st line center much more than we currently are just because we want Strome to be the 1C so bad

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I ended up going Dvorak but I could probably change my mind in the next 10 minutes :laugh:

He lacks an obvious bust potential, that put me over the edge for Dvorak.

Probably gonna let this one run longer than the last one.

You should add your vote then :P

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Here's the draft list I submitted in a blind mock prior to the draft:q

01. Matthews
02. Laine
03. Puljujarvi
04. Tkachuk
05. Dubois
06. Brown
07. Chychrun
08. Juolevi
09. Sergachev
10. Keller
11. Jost
12. Nylander
13. McLeod
14. McAvoy
15. Fabbro
16. Gauthier
17. Kunin
18. Bellows
19. Jones
20. Bean
21. Thompson
22. DeBrincat
23. Asplund
24. Dineen
25. Hajek
26. Stanley
27. Bastian
28. Abramov
29. Howden
30. Steel
31. Rubtsov
32. Tufte
33. Clague
34. Johansen
35. Raddysh
36. Girard
37. Dube

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Y'all're going to be disappointed with Dvorak. And then y'all're gonna be all "Man no one expected him to top out at 'Shawn Horcoff' after those last two years in London."

rt

May 13, 2004
Horcoff was great player for a time. He had injury problems and the worst run franchise of the last quarter century to deal with. If he had been healthier and been traded early on, he'd have been a really solid player. Even as-is, he has played over 1,000 NHL games and put up over 500pts. If we get that out of a late 2nd rounder we got for David ****ing Rudblad I'll dance a jig. And then fly out to Philly and buy you a ****** Yuengling.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Horcoff was great player for a time. He had injury problems and the worst run franchise of the last quarter century to deal with. If he had been healthier and been traded early on, he'd have been a really solid player. Even as-is, he has played over 1,000 NHL games and put up over 500pts. If we get that out of a late 2nd rounder we got for David ****ing Rudblad I'll dance a jig. And then fly out to Philly and buy you a ****** Yuengling.

Horcoff is a fine player, and I expect Dvorak to be a good one, too. I just get the sense that folks are expecting someone a lot more productive than that.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Horc got a lot of grief because he was handed a fat contract. He's been a useful player his entire career. I expect Dvorak to be a Vermette-style versatile, reliable player in the top-six. If he's better than that, great. And he could always disappoint, as we know too well.
But it's been rare any of our prospects put up any sort of gaudy numbers, so I'm going to roll with it even if it was "all Marner"

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Y'all're going to be disappointed with Dvorak. And then y'all're gonna be all "Man no one expected him to top out at 'Shawn Horcoff' after those last two years in London."

Y'all're? I thought that you were the erudite one, who disdained poor grammar.:laugh:

rt

May 13, 2004
Meh. It's the Internet. Best not to try too hard. We can be paid for that now. Y'all're getting nothing but my most scattered, incomplete, stream of half-consciousness nonsense and that's all y'all're getting.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Meh. It's the Internet. Best not to try too hard. We can be paid for that now. Y'all're getting nothing but my most scattered, incomplete, stream of half-consciousness nonsense and that's all y'all're getting.
but still damn good :)

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Horcoff is a fine player, and I expect Dvorak to be a good one, too. I just get the sense that folks are expecting someone a lot more productive than that.
Guarantee me an 18 year old Shawn Horcoff with our 2nd round pick every season and I will build you a dynasty that would make the Canadiens jealous.
Y'all're? I thought that you were the erudite one, who disdained poor grammar.:laugh:
... I don't see the problem?

Signed,
-the guy who migrated from Texas

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Guarantee me an 18 year old Shawn Horcoff with our 2nd round pick every season and I will build you a dynasty that would make the Canadiens jealous.... I don't see the problem?

Signed,
-the guy who migrated from Texas

Can you teach me to speak Texan?:)

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
The Horcoff comparison isn't a dig at Dvorak. It's a dig at ranking Dvorak as our second best prospect.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The Horcoff comparison isn't a dig at Dvorak. It's a dig at ranking Dvorak as our second best prospect.

I can't speak for the everyone who voted dvorak, but in my case it's mostly because I haven't able to see much of Keller. I've seen a lot more of dvo and think he has a very high floor. Iirc you've seen a lot of Keller and were pulling for us to draft him for a while so you have a better perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad