Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
New logo for the down under games.

1681322158947.jpeg

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
And what international fan of the game hasn't heard of Coyotes alumnus Darcy Hordichuk?

Melbourne To Host First-Ever NHL Games in the Southern Hemisphere

"Today's announcement was made from Federation Square in Melbourne at a news conference attended by Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Steve Dimopoulos, NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Media & International Strategy David Proper, Kings legend Dustin Brown and Coyotes alumnus Darcy Hordichuk."

• Haha
Reactions: PainForShane

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
And what international fan of the game hasn't heard of Coyotes alumnus Darcy Hordichuk?

"Today's announcement was made from Federation Square in Melbourne at a news conference attended by Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Steve Dimopoulos, NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Media & International Strategy David Proper, Kings legend Dustin Brown and Coyotes alumnus Darcy Hordichuk."

Jesus Gary Christ on a cocktail napkin, they couldn't find anyone better than Darcy Hordichuk to represent the team?!

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013

WHO???????????????????????????????????????????????? Sorry, had to do it. I do know who he is, BUT, are you kidding me?? What, he must live there. The 'Yotes couldn't spend a little money and send somebody who we might recognize? He played for the PHOENIX Coyotes for a whole TWO years. Geez...

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017

I thought this was very messed up attempt to spell Dale Hawerchuk, even though he didn't play in desert

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe there’s an opt-in email distro for Coyotes alumni and they just sent out a sign-up link to the distro. Hordichuk was only guy who filled it out?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Maybe there’s an opt-in email distro for Coyotes alumni and they just sent out a sign-up link to the distro. Hordichuk was only guy who filled it out?
i think normally we send Doan but he's tied up with Team Canada and the Worlds right now.

rt

May 13, 2004
i think normally we send Doan but he's tied up with Team Canada and the Worlds right now.
Paul Bissonnette? Ray Whitney? Keith Yandle? Sean Burke? Even someone lesser known but actually well-regarded. Adrian Aucoin? Michalek? Brad May? Boedker? Lee Stempniak? Heck even Tyson Nash makes more sense.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Paul Bissonnette? Ray Whitney? Keith Yandle? Sean Burke? Even someone lesser known but actually well-regarded. Adrian Aucoin? Michalek? Brad May? Boedker? Lee Stempniak? Heck even Tyson Nash makes more sense.
I don't know what most of those guys are doing but kinda need someone with free time on their hands as well. It's not a short trip.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't know what most of those guys are doing but kinda need someone with free time on their hands as well. It's not a short trip.

Be that as it may, there are literally a hundred names on the list more suited to represent the Coyotes than Darcy Hordichuk.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Be that as it may, there are literally a hundred names on the list more suited to represent the Coyotes than Darcy Hordichuk.

Well over 100 more qualified ppl. Idk, who turns down a free trip to Australia for a few days?

Answer: apparently quite a few ppl

Send Biz and Whit down there and do a few eps of "Spitting Chicklets down under" I'd love to see them meet a kangaroo or not know how to behave in one of Melbourne's high end cocktail bars. Or as Migs just said, send Bryz and have him report the game just like he did for the All Star game way back when (see how important I am how many microphones I have haha). Or even one of the actually good players we had, someone like Keith Tkachuk would've been totally fine.

But Coyotes legend Darcy Hordichuk? Yotes mgmt really messed this up.

(if you're familiar with Bryz interviews, this is the 2+2*2 one, I love the NA players' reactions)

IronFinn

Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
Interesting… Hordichuk lives in Scottsdale, but is not currently employed by the Coyotes. I wonder if he is auditioning for a role.

rt

May 13, 2004
Interesting… Hordichuk lives in Scottsdale, but is not currently employed by the Coyotes. I wonder if he is auditioning for a role.
Isn’t he running some successful business? I may be totally making this up but i thiught he was killing it in real estate or something.

IronFinn

Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
Isn’t he running some successful business? I may be totally making this up but i thiught he was killing it in real estate or something.
LinkedIn says he is Director of Business Development for Jet Linx, a private jet service.

rt

May 13, 2004
LinkedIn says he is Director of Business Development for Jet Linx, a private jet service.
Ok that rings a bell. Maybe it was talked about on a hockey podcast at some point. I remember hearing or reading about him doing well. Not sure why it stuck with me.

Well over 100 more qualified ppl. Idk, who turns down a free trip to Australia for a few days?

Answer: apparently quite a few ppl

Send Biz and Whit down there and do a few eps of "Spitting Chicklets down under" I'd love to see them meet a kangaroo or not know how to behave in one of Melbourne's high end cocktail bars. Or as Migs just said, send Bryz and have him report the game just like he did for the All Star game way back when (see how important I am how many microphones I have haha). Or even one of the actually good players we had, someone like Keith Tkachuk would've been totally fine.

But Coyotes legend Darcy Hordichuk? Yotes mgmt really messed this up.

(if you're familiar with Bryz interviews, this is the 2+2*2 one, I love the NA players' reactions)

In defense of the North Americans he did phrase it a bit confusingly. “What is two plus two and then multiplied by two” - he kind of walked them down the wrong path. I got it right because I saw it on the screen and had the answer before he said the problem out loud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad