Confirmed with Link: Coyotes to open 2023-24 season in Australia

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If this is posted elsewhere, I missed it.

Not confirmed yet, but Coyotes appear to be one of the four teams headed to Australia.

Conflicting reports whether it is for a regular season game(s) or preseason.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It makes sense that they’d force the lowly coyotes to do this. Aren’t the players angry about this one?
AZ Coyotes very similar to Ausi Coyotes. Could be a huge marketing gimmick.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Can’t wait to listen to all the whining about the travel. Yes, it’s far, but it’s not like they’re going on JetBlue. Likely Muruelo’s PJ and a charter. Pampered with all the amenities. It’ll take like a day or two to get over the jet lag and readjust. Not the whole season.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Who's scouting Australia for the Coyotes? Wallaby Jack Dingo? Maybe they can find and bring back a few 'prospects' from the AFL?

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Hey… Oakland is a paradise.
That actually happened once - one of those "in other news" anecdotes - someone boarded the wrong flight and ended up in New Zealand. One wonders how far they got over the Pacific until the person realized "uh oh".

Found it

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That actually happened once - one of those "in other news" anecdotes - someone boarded the wrong flight and ended up in New Zealand. One wonders how far they got over the Pacific until the person realized "uh oh".

Found it

The $2000 ticket didn't tip them off? Probably using daddy's card.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Who's scouting Australia for the Coyotes? Wallaby Jack Dingo? Maybe they can find and bring back a few 'prospects' from the AFL?

We need a Donk…..

1941EFFB-CCE7-40C9-BEE0-88333CB82EB8.gif

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
If it is confirmed, it'll be in Sydney or Melbourne; I prefer Melbourne. Guessing it'll count as a Coyotes' home game as it's a higher increase in revenue over what the Kings could get while they're in Mullet Arena.

Presumably it'd be an early start to the regular season and it would be about a 6 hour time difference, so jet lag isn't that bad. You try and stay up as late as you can the first night and you're pretty much set. Going back is slightly more difficult, but they'll have the best accommodations for sleeping on the plane and I'm sure they'll feed them and dim the lights properly to get the body to adjust as best it can.

Probably good it's a team like the Kings because Australians tend to go for NY and LA, maybe Las Vegas (Australians gamble like 10 times more than anyone else per capita), and if they've been to the US, their trip is invariably those 3 cities as a starting point.

Reactions: PainForShane

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
If it is confirmed, it'll be in Sydney or Melbourne; I prefer Melbourne. Guessing it'll count as a Coyotes' home game as it's a higher increase in revenue over what the Kings could get while they're in Mullet Arena.

Presumably it'd be an early start to the regular season and it would be about a 6 hour time difference, so jet lag isn't that bad. You try and stay up as late as you can the first night and you're pretty much set. Going back is slightly more difficult, but they'll have the best accommodations for sleeping on the plane and I'm sure they'll feed them and dim the lights properly to get the body to adjust as best it can.

Probably good it's a team like the Kings because Australians tend to go for NY and LA, maybe Las Vegas (Australians gamble like 10 times more than anyone else per capita), and if they've been to the US, their trip is invariably those 3 cities as a starting point.

Are you close enough to attend?

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Are you close enough to attend?
I'm in Adelaide, so it'd be like 2-3 hours flying to Melbourne or Sydney. It'd be like me living in Houston and needing to travel to New Orleans (Melbourne) or Orlando (Sydney).

If the price is so nonsensical, I don't think I'd bother as I'd rather just go to a real NHL game (or more) next time I'm back in the States. I don't have very high expectations that the conditions will be great, so with the travel and lodging, it'll add up.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm in Adelaide, so it'd be like 2-3 hours flying to Melbourne or Sydney. It'd be like me living in Houston and needing to travel to New Orleans (Melbourne) or Orlando (Sydney).

If the price is so nonsensical, I don't think I'd bother as I'd rather just go to a real NHL game (or more) next time I'm back in the States. I don't have very high expectations that the conditions will be great, so with the travel and lodging, it'll add up.

I was just watching the Tour Down Under, which as you probably know, started in Adelaide this year. Looked like a beautiful city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad