TSN: Coyotes @ The WJC - Team Captain and Leading Scorer Strome Fails, USA Prevails

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Figured we'll need this soon.

How did Strome play in the pre-tournament game yesterday?

Any method of watching it I found was such poor quality I couldn't really tell. Of the few moments where it was watchable before I gave up he had a nice pass, the receiving player flubbed it though. I hope NHL network televises some of these soon.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, he was a little too cute at times, but overall I thought he controlled the pace when he was on the ice. I doubt they track Corsi here, but his possession numbers would have been excellent
I thought Strome was good, he generated lots of offensive chances and looked deadly on the PP.

I'm generally hard on Strome but I thought he played well last night.

Random observations from others in different thread.

Another post has both he and Dubois as having bad games. Clearly he's just as divisive as ever haha

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
In today's exhibition Keller is playing LW with Colin White and Tage Thompson.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Calling it now: if Keller plays the tournament as a wing, he'll be a little underwhelming. If he plays center (which I imagine he will), this will be the tournament that puts him on the map.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Strome just looks much more relaxed. Creating lots of beautiful scoring chances with some great. Cross ice passes. Scored a beauty goal as well. Shot seemed to get off quicker and his skating looks good as well.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Strome just looks much more relaxed. Creating lots of beautiful scoring chances with some great. Cross ice passes. Scored a beauty goal as well. Shot seemed to get off quicker and his skating looks good as well.

He looks really good.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Strome looks like he is focusing on proper defensive positioning. He still glides too much IMO and he foes not have quick feet. But man can he pass and shoot the puck.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Alex Debrincat and Logan Brown released from Team USA per Bob McKenzie. Nervous/excited for Keller to be a focal point with two guys who could have helped gone. Haven't ever seen him play a real game (just highlights) so personally excited.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Alex Debrincat and Logan Brown released from Team USA per Bob McKenzie. Nervous/excited for Keller to be a focal point with two guys who could have helped gone. Haven't ever seen him play a real game (just highlights) so personally excited.

Brown has been banged up, no big shocker there, but why Debrincat? Has he had a bad year? I haven't seen a ton of him, but any games/highlights I watched to see Strome featured Debrincat heavily.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
OHL leading scorer dropped from Team USA. WHL leading scorer dropped from Team Canada. Hard to believe that's happened before.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Strome is on HC today. He has a great attitude and I think will make NHL as an impact player, it just might take longer than many want.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Seems to work a lot better with an all star veteran cast as well. Heck I could probably gets points on the Hawks.
Fully expect him to step in for Panarin and for the Blackhawks to not miss a beat. Utilizing young talent is a hell of a thing.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I know he will never be a physical player but often Strome seems to go out of his way to avoid contact. Can't play butter soft and be successful long term.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I know he will never be a physical player but often Strome seems to go out of his way to avoid contact. Can't play butter soft and be successful long term.

Not without killer speed. All those primo forwards and we get Strome. I sure hope that Keller exceeds expectations, because I doubt that Strome will do so.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I plan on watching Strome, Keller, and Hischier. Not sure there are really any other points of interest for me. Which players are the rest of you excited to watch?

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I plan on watching Strome, Keller, and Hischier. Not sure there are really any other points of interest for me. Which players are the rest of you excited to watch?

Finland has a lot of interesting players. Lots of good draft-eligible defenseman, and Tolvanen is an absolute stud. Pettersson and Andersson are a couple intriguing Swedes, and I'm interested in seeing what Necas does for the Czechs. Dahlin won't be draft-eligible until 2018 and likely won't see a ton of minutes, but he'll be a fun guy to watch when he's on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad