Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Nick Bjugstad to a 1 year contract. ($900K)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Over/under on 10 goals?
I predict he will score more goals than Fischer...
I get what you're saying. I'm referring more to Nick's words about the Yotes being a well coached team that is growing. Players aways give the standard "happy to be here..." response, but Bjugstad sees positive things happening and wants to be part of it. Other players will see the same.
I think he also based his decision around who would most likely give him more ice time (and of course fit) and not wait around to see who may be interested in his services after free agency starts whittling down.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I was at his draft. I was living in LA county in 2010 and scored free tickets to the draft because the Kings were literally handing them out for free for a while. I ended up grabbing like 4 of them and invited some of the players on my high school hockey team. While there, I got to see the draft floor action live which was pretty cool. Being a hockey nerd, I knew what most of the GM's looked like so I was able to predict two teams that were about to trade. I highly recommend experiencing it.

While there, I got to see:
- The Taylor/Tyler situation unfold
- Watch a player I shared ice with in CA drafted 20th overall (Beau Bennett to Pittsburgh)
- A high school player (Bjudgstad) being drafted fairly high which is unusual.
- Another kid from California (Emerson Etem, considered a steal of the draft at the time) get drafted by one of his local teams in Anaheim.
- And most importantly, the Coyotes get SO LUCKY to draft a projected top-5/top-10 pick in Brandon Gormley. Fortunately missing out on Cam Fowler, as he was riskier.

Not sure why I'm sharing this with you guys, but moral of the story, go experience a draft live if you get the chance. It's fun.

EDIT: I'm noticing the Coyotes have a lot of ties to this draft. Taylor Hall, Bjugstad, Burmistrov, Tinordi (which was a pick we traded to Montreal, ironically) Etem (although he only played in Tuscon), and of course, Gormley. The 2nd round had a few Coyotes in it as well including Tyler Pitlick,Johan Larsson, Calvin Pickard, Patrick Nemeth, and Oscar Lindberg (our guy.)

Edit 2: Oh man going through the later rounds it just doesn't stop. We really liked this draft.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Paraphrasing but a good quote from Bjugstad, "The Coyotes were tough to play against last season under Tourigny, which wasn't the case the past few seasons before that"

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Paraphrasing but a good quote from Bjugstad, "The Coyotes were tough to play against last season under Tourigny, which wasn't the case the past few seasons before that"
Doesn’t surprise me that he’d say that. He was on the 2020 Wild team that absolutely manhandled the coyotes each time they played. RT was so clearly an incompetent coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad