Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Nick Bjugstad to a 1 year contract. ($900K)

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

Some interesting info in this article. Gives some hope Bjugstad could flourish with some top 6 ice time and have some value at the trade deadline. But, the real nugget in the article is this quote:

"For me, I'm looking at that like, wow, that felt like a different team from even the year before. The growth is going to continue, and I'd love to be a part of that."

He noticed what those of us who actually watch the games noticed about this Coyote team from past Coyote teams.
The times they are a changin'.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Some interesting info in this article. Gives some hope Bjugstad could flourish with some top 6 ice time and have some value at the trade deadline. But, the real nugget in the article is this quote:

"For me, I'm looking at that like, wow, that felt like a different team from even the year before. The growth is going to continue, and I'd love to be a part of that."

He noticed what those of us who actually watch the games noticed about this Coyote team from past Coyote teams.
The times they are a changin'.

Are you implying that there are forum40 regulars that don't actually watch the games? :snide:

And I'm excited that Nick is excited. What about the crap that no one would want to play in AZ...in a college stadium...with a crappy fan base...and deadbeat owners?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Are you implying that there are forum40 regulars that don't actually watch the games? :snide:

And I'm excited that Nick is excited. What about the crap that no one would want to play in AZ...in a college stadium...with a crappy fan base...and deadbeat owners?
Hay hay hay! I watched almost every Devils, I mean Coyotes game and did not stat check once! The audacity! 😆

I actually did watch quite a few Devils games, they were very fun to watch and Hughes took a huge stride like Keller. I'm thinking Minnesota will be my team to watch (along side the Coyotes) this season. This should be a big youth injection year for them. I don't think I'll take the first 20 Coyotes games off this year though, we haven't moved Chychrun yet so I'm not upset.🤣

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

My eyes are being opened that AZ could be a super desirable destination for NHL Superstars with the right ownership (check), right GM (check), and a talented team (TBD).....especially if that Superstar has a partner who wants to live in warm weather.

Hay hay hay! I watched almost every Devils, I mean Coyotes game and did not stat check once! The audacity! 😆

I actually did watch quite a few Devils games, they were very fun to watch and Hughes took a huge stride like Keller. I'm thinking Minnesota will be my team to watch (along side the Coyotes) this season. This should be a big youth injection year for them. I don't think I'll take the first 20 Coyotes games off this year though, we haven't moved Chychrun yet so I'm not upset.🤣

Taking a hiatus for the first 20 games last season was probably not a bad idea. Took about 20 games for AT to get the players aligned with his coaching....I also suspect given the conditioning expectations in place since AT arrived the players were in much better shape 20 games in.

Can't wait for this season to start to see the improvement throughout the year....even though my expectations are no higher than 10th worst record.

Reactions: YotesFan47

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
My eyes are being opened that AZ could be a super desirable destination for NHL Superstars with the right ownership (check), right GM (check), and a talented team (TBD).....especially if that Superstar has a partner who wants to live in warm weather.

Taking a hiatus for the first 20 games last season was probably not a bad idea. Took about 20 games for AT to get the players aligned with his coaching....I also suspect given the conditioning expectations in place since AT arrived the players were in much better shape 20 games in.

Can't wait for this season to start to see the improvement throughout the year....even though my expectations are no higher than 10th worst record.
Yea I don't think I'll need the hiatus this season. It made a lot of emotional sense last season and depending on the opening roster, I may do a 10 game hold. Fortunately, we have lots of interesting teams we can watch while we wait on the Yoters to be gooder.

This will be my 3rd year where I pick a team to watch as much as possible. I did Montreal 2 years ago and as mentioned, NJ last season. Both were very fun to watch in the year I elected them my defacto go to team. Really hoping I go 3 for 3 and enjoy Minnesota's season. My goal is to catch 40 games of both teams (40 for each), and another 40 random. Really helps to keep perspective on how we're doing and where we may end up.

Now that I'm living in Seattle, I'm also hoping to make 20 or so live games for the Thunderbirds, though that quantity may have to wait another season. I'd really love to become a season ticket holder and catch 90% of their home games in the near future. Add in a few trips to AZ where I catch a Yotes game and any game they play up here and I'll be happy as a clam.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I thought getting big Nick and Kassian, we were going to be rid of Fischer.
Fischer is a mascot and injury replacement player. I’d be shocked if he played in more than 50 games

Edit: unless our RW depth is Schmaltz, Fischer, Kassian and Bjugstad, meaning Guenther is playing in Junior

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Fischer is a mascot and injury replacement player. I’d be shocked if he played in more than 50 games

Edit: unless our RW depth is Schmaltz, Fischer, Kassian and Bjugstad, meaning Guenther is playing in Junior
I rather have a special needs dog as a mascot! Guenther will stay with the Coyotes and depth is a good thing. Big Nick and Smith (I do consider him a RW) can slide over to center if needed. McBain and Smith are waiver exempt, so that does make it easier to recall. Also wouldn't surprise me (or perhaps hoping) Doan will sign a contract after the ASU season.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018

900 k one way one year. Odds are we were the only team to offer a contract. Yotes vrs retirement, hmm one more year…

I am not trying to troll or be negative about our team. Just talking about what I believe to be facts.

Reactions: PainForShane

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
900 k one way one year. Odds are we were the only team to offer a contract. Yotes vrs retirement, hmm one more year…

I am not trying to troll or be negative about our team. Just talking about what I believe to be facts.

I get what you're saying. I'm referring more to Nick's words about the Yotes being a well coached team that is growing. Players aways give the standard "happy to be here..." response, but Bjugstad sees positive things happening and wants to be part of it. Other players will see the same.

Reactions: Mangosteen

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Over/under on 10 goals?

I don't know his injury history, but he's only played a full season once in his career. Every year he's been on pace for 10+ goals over 82 games. He'll get the opportunity in AZ, that's a near certainty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad