Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Matias Maccelli, 3 years ($3.425M AAV)

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Seems cheap, but i wanted would have preferred longer term. He’s still rfa after this?
Yes, 2 years of RFA after this deal is done.

Only reason one can be upset with this deal is that it isn't longer. 3 years still leaves him with 2 years of RFA control.

Pumped to see Maccelli in an Arizona sweater for the next 3 years!

Now extend Bear.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Still gives us the option to sign him to 8 years after this depending on his play. I would have gone 4, but this is very very good value.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Still gives us the option to sign him to 8 years after this depending on his play. I would have gone 4, but this is very very good value.
With 4 he could just pull a Debrincat. Play out qualifier and walk away.

Reactions: Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fine bridge, but he will get real expensive if the pace continues and the cap goes up.
Sooner or later you have to pay to play. Everyone concerned will be more that happy to pay him 7 or 8 mil. next contract, or whatever the number is, and that would be because he and the Coyotes have been successful

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Cool with the length but a little surprised we didn't go for max term considering we have been the beneficiary of many of those deals. A change in philosophy between Armstrong and Chayka for sure.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Cool with the length but a little surprised we didn't go for max term considering we have been the beneficiary of many of those deals. A change in philosophy between Armstrong and Chayka for sure.
With Macceli, I error on the side of BA.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Think it's better to have two RFA years or one when this contract ends?

Pros/cons

1 year
Pros
Buy less UFA years of you at the next extension

Cons
He could push for a 1-2 year deal and then attempt to walk if there's still uncertainty

2 years
Pros
Will be harder to walk into UFA by signing a small deal when it's time to re-up. We essentially have two years to get a big deal done

Cons
Said big deal won't be as deep into his career and may be more expensive since it will be straddling UFA and RFA a bit more

Is this the general thought everyone is having?

Reactions: Summer Rose

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Maccelli is a winger, they are easier to replace and he had only one good year. Glad to see he is staying though, we do need to keep young talent. If he were a D or C with that year, then I would have wanted more term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad