Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Luke Schenn - 2 years, $1.25m per

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not a fan. How can a team that waxed so poetic about Goligoski be the "new" style of defenseman sign Luke Schenn? We already have a D that can't skate at all in Michalek. At least he's an intelligent player, though. Schenn is large and was drafted in the top ten. Apart from that he offers nothing. Hell, we have his twin brother Jarrod Tinordi already. I don't see a difference. Other than millions of dollars.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not a fan. How can a team that waxed so poetic about Goligoski be the "new" style of defenseman sign Luke Schenn?

Another move will need to be made, so I'm withholding judgment.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Depth is never a bad thing - although all the DT haters will, no doubt, pipe up and suggest it can be.

Dude can't make a forward pass and plays a ton in his own zone. He's better at that than Dahlbeck and Grossmann. That's about it. Pick a soapbox that makes sense.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I halfway wonder of Stone might be out longer than expected

That could be. Maybe this is part of negotiations with Murphy and Stone too. A little pressure. Like we signed another RD and he signed cheap, so meet our price or we'll ship your ass to Winnipeg.

Stone's injury is more serious than people might think. It's far easier to come back from a single tear than a double ligament tear because with a double tear there is a weakness in two planes of knee motion rather than one. Its a long rehab and Stone has to wait until both repairs are strong.

Certainly it gives the agents of both Stone and Murphy something to think about. It should stop them from overvaluing their clients.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Now would be a strange time for an upgrade on Stone like Craig is hinting at. Dumba? (even though he's not a big upgrade)

rt

May 13, 2004
Now would be a strange time for an upgrade on Stone like Craig is hinting at. Dumba? (even though he's not a big upgrade)

After giving up a 2nd for DeAngelo, I don't know if I want to move a top end asset for Dumba. You can't have two of those on your NHL team, anyway. Clearly Dumba is a better bet, but why trade a 2nd for DeAngelo, then?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm okay with this. It's basically resigning Grossman, but he has some limited upside. I don't think DeAngelo is anywhere near ready. Stone is out for an extended period possibly. Murphy-Michalek-Schenn on the right for half the year is better than it was (but still bad).

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah. I've come around.

1. I was too optimistic about Stone's timeline
2. The odds that Michalek becomes injured before Stone is healthy are high. If we're without both Stone and Michalek, we're losing every game in that stretch. Schenn helps us get through that.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Flyers fan here coming to say I think this a great deal considering the money. He's better than Grossmann, or at least was when the two were Flyers.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Stone's injury is more serious than people might think. It's far easier to come back from a single tear than a double ligament tear because with a double tear there is a weakness in two planes of knee motion rather than one. Its a long rehab and Stone has to wait until both repairs are strong.

Certainly it gives the agents of both Stone and Murphy something to think about. It should stop them from overvaluing their clients.

I've always thought that being ready for training camp was an unrealistic goal. Does anyone think the same? Even with advances in modern medicine, there is still a 6 month recovery window minimum, and even then, it does not mean Stone is in "game shape." Methinks its going to be closer to November before Stone is ready to return.

As for the signing of Schenn - another big body for the 3rd pairing is not horrible. There might be some other deal going down though, but a lot will be based on where Stone's health is at, too.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I've always thought that being ready for training camp was an unrealistic goal. Does anyone think the same? Even with advances in modern medicine, there is still a 6 month recovery window minimum, and even then, it does not mean Stone is in "game shape." Methinks its going to be closer to November before Stone is ready to return.

As for the signing of Schenn - another big body for the 3rd pairing is not horrible. There might be some other deal going down though, but a lot will be based on where Stone's health is at, too.
Agreed. Main reason for Shenn signing is Stone rehab timeline.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yeah if this ensures that stone can take his time it's a good deal. As others have mentioned it deangelo isn't ready for the NHL yet our right side would be rough, especially when Z has to miss time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00