Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Sign LD Travis Dermott to 1-yr, 2-way contract ($800k/$450k)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This is a fine gamble on a player with injury issues. It’s a two-way deal so there’s little risk. I remember this player as an Erie Otter all those years ago. Time flies.

2 way deal, good depth

He’s an LD so maybe doesn’t affect the possibility of signing Dumba, but who knows
Tucson needs LD also. Both clubs are short on the left-side.

Reactions: ck26

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
That's not Matt Dumba, but that's also not a bad signing. Lovely potential as a reclamation project, but I hope he's ready emotionally for the Toronto -> Vancouver -> Tucson decline and doesn't spend half the year just muttering "what the fuuuh, where am I?"

rt

May 13, 2004
That's not Matt Dumba, but that's also not a bad signing. Lovely potential as a reclamation project, but I hope he's ready emotionally for the Toronto -> Vancouver -> Tucson decline and doesn't spend half the year just muttering "what the fuuuh, where am I?"
The coyotes have the worst pro LD depth in the league by a long shot. He chose his destination well. In a reversal of the Big Apple aphorism, if you can’t make it here, you can’t make it anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimes and ck26

rt

May 13, 2004
I thought we were done dumpster diving?
This is a very good, no-risk signing. This is a talented, smart, mobile defenseman who’s only 26 and had his career derailed by injury. At best, this is another Valimaki type find. At worst, it’s a two way deal with an AHL salary to help out Tucson.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is a very good, no-risk signing. This is a talented, smart, mobile defenseman who’s only 26 and had his career derailed by injury. At best, this is another Valimaki type find. At worst, it’s a two way deal with an AHL salary to help out Tucson.

He got worse every year after his first year if looking at points only. At our stage of the rebuild this signing is probably injury insurance for the big club. But overall dumpster diving.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The signing is fine, but we need a top 4 LD and bottom pairing LD, and ideally another top 4 RD. Maybe he gets back on track and can be a 5/6 for us down the road. Dermott/Brown could be a nice 3rd pair if he gets his game going again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad