Buzzing BoH
You could say the Coyotes are Bahllin on a budget. I'm done

170511174615-anderson-cooper-eyeroll-super-tease.jpg

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm pretty sure we're going to sign Hoefenmeyer soon too, since if we don't we'll lose his rights.
How many D slots do we have left to fill? Or are we planning on fully stocking an ECHL squad as well? Running out of slots. Bahl is massive. A project still. Upside is high. He's a pain to play against because of his reach.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
How many D slots do we have left to fill? Or are we planning on fully stocking an ECHL squad as well? Running out of slots.

Mermis, Mayo, and Russo are all expiring contracts this year, so I'm guessing one or more of those guys will vacate a spot for Hoefenmeyer.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We can always loan them out or involve them in AHL trades in a worst-case scenario. Perhaps not ideal. Not the end of the world.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
How many D slots do we have left to fill? Or are we planning on fully stocking an ECHL squad as well? Running out of slots. Bahl is massive. A project still. Upside is high. He's a pain to play against because of his reach.
I thought his options are NHL or CHL only until he’s 20.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I thought his options are NHL or CHL only until he’s 20.
Yes but we drafted about 13 D men the past 3 seasons. We have 8 on roster today. Copobianco on LTIR. POJ, Dineen, Russo, Smereck on the farm and a couple of free agents.

I’m not complaining but we need to also sign Westerlund, Hoefenmayer, Busby, etc. And we will soon run out of spots. Not everyone can be signed. Bahl is a good player but at this point I’m curious who gets a contract going forward especially on the left side.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Yes but we drafted about 13 D men the past 3 seasons. We have 8 on roster today. Copobianco on LTIR. POJ, Dineen, Russo, Smereck on the farm and a couple of free agents.

I’m not complaining but we need to also sign Westerlund, Hoefenmayer, Busby, etc. And we will soon run out of spots. Not everyone can be signed. Bahl is a good player but at this point I’m curious who gets a contract going forward especially on the left side.
Hoefenmayer and Kallgren are the only prospects that need to be signed by 01 June 2019. The other prospects can wait as far as their retained rights. Chayka has to also balance the contract limits.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hoefenmayer and Kallgren are the only prospects that need to be signed by 01 June 2019. The other prospects can wait as far as their retained rights. Chayka has to also balance the contract limits.
Yes. But if you keep signing all these Left D to 3 year deals how many contracts do u hit before we are full? Cam Dineen. copobianco. POJ. bahl. All LD.

Copobianco only one who is close to a roster spot. Everyone else is in the A for next two years at a minimum.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Yes. But if you keep signing all these Left D to 3 year deals how many contracts do u hit before we are full? Cam Dineen. copobianco. POJ. bahl. All LD.

Copobianco only one who is close to a roster spot. Everyone else is in the A for next two years at a minimum.

IMO Russo is gone in July. I also have questions about whether we'll keep Mermis and Mayo, and for that matter Lyubushkin. I have a feeling if we keep Lyubushkin that Connauton will be part of a trade package for something, since we just reupped Oesterle.

As for Dineen, I think he can play his off-side so I'm not too worried about that. And if we sign Westerlund he's going to line up on the right as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this will all get resolved either by the Draft, by July 1st, or by the start of training camp. I'm not too worried.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
As far as I see it...Tucson should look like this next season

Gone: Mayo, Fasching, Pettersson
In: POJ, Hoefenmayer

Burke/Ullstrom/Merkley
Bunting/Pederson/Chaput
Steenbergen/Schnarr/Looke
signee/Genaro (AHL contract)/Fiore

POJ/Gross
Dineen/Russo
Hoefenmayer/Mermis
Smereck

Hill/Madsen

Capobianco should be with the big club and I don't know if they will sign Kallgren, he has had an excellent year, but not sure with Madsen in the fold. I also think they will give Westerlund 1 more year in the SHL to develop before they bring him over. This way, they keep the team Captain (Mermis), who they just gave the C to this year.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

At the deadline, Chayka kept talking about our defensive depth and its value. Maybe he packages up a few. I don't see a ton of value in them personally, even bundled together, but I guess we'll see.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
He plays smart as well and never switches off. The progress he made last year was so impressive.. I think he's easily our best prospect behind Hayton and Soderstrom.

Reactions: _Del_

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad