Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Sign Jack McBain, 2 years ($1.6M AAV)

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Craig basically said this was the ownership being asshats and proving a point by not going to 1.6 and making him sign 1,599,999.99 - they think it makes themselves seem formidable instead of laughable. The way Craig talked about this is the way he talks about things when he has a source and doesn’t want to say he has a source. Nobody else has to believe it but I sure do.
Somehow, Coyotes stories like this embarrass me more than the arena situation.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Craig basically said this was the ownership being asshats and proving a point by not going to 1.6 and making him sign 1,599,999.99 - they think it makes themselves seem formidable instead of laughable. The way Craig talked about this is the way he talks about things when he has a source and doesn’t want to say he has a source. Nobody else has to believe it but I sure do.
Like I’ve been saying…. BA wanted his $0.02 and he got it.

Who gives a frick over 2 pennies in a $3.2 million contract??

Unless maybe you’re Scrooge McDuck. ;)

Reactions: Jakey53

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Elliott Friedman is a pretty good one that Morgan tends to parrott. In fact, Morgan parrotted Friedman on this deal...lol. That said, I am warming to him.
Morgan tweeted this at 10:34 am. (Eastern time).

Elliotte Friedman tweeted this at 11:12 am.

When the Cooley news broke, Elliotte specifically referenced Craig’s tweet when he mentioned it.

And finally, if you guys were in the discord, you would know Craig mentioned the Matt Dumba news a full two days before anyone, including Friedman, caught up. I’m not even a Craig Morgan fan boy, but it’s ridiculous the amount of shit gets talked about him on here because some people don’t like his personality. When it comes to Coyotes news, he is by far the best source out there.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

When the Cooley news broke, Elliotte specifically referenced Craig’s tweet when he mentioned it.

And finally, if you guys were in the discord, you would know Craig mentioned the Matt Dumba news a full two days before anyone, including Friedman, caught up. I’m not even a Craig Morgan fan boy, but it’s ridiculous the amount of shit gets talked about him on here because some people don’t like his personality. When it comes to Coyotes news, he is by far the best source out there.

You "forgot" to include this one. LOL!!!

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
...if you really want to twist your head around, I was in a situation where I was about to get screwed by the Alternative Minimum Tax (the details escape me; I was at a level that required to fill out the worksheet for a few years but never had a tax increase)...but they have apparently 'fixed the glitch' - the AMT was starting to affect people it wasn't intended to affect.
i got killed by amt. and so did many others in 2001 when the dot.com bubble burst. not pretty

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

@Jormungandr can you DM me a link to the discord? Unless it's one of those "Pay $5 a month and we'll give you the link" in which case I'll think about it. Worth it to support Craig -- ppl bitch about him but 100% better to have him here than not (thx Craig if you're reading this!) -- but at the same time I don't like spending recurring money on things like this.

Anyway if I see some of you over there my discord handle is surfshop

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
@Jormungandr can you DM me a link to the discord? Unless it's one of those "Pay $5 a month and we'll give you the link" in which case I'll think about it. Worth it to support Craig -- ppl bitch about him but 100% better to have him here than not (thx Craig if you're reading this!) -- but at the same time I don't like spending recurring money on things like this.

Anyway if I see some of you over there my discord handle is surfshop

The PHNX subscription is about 7 bucks a month, $79.99/year. That will get you the link to and membership in their Discord.

I'm on Discord too but I have enough subscriptions right now that I don't want to add another one. I figure I can find out 24 hours later from free sources... :D

Reactions: PainForShane

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
It's a pain to sift through in comparison to this place. I do worry we are missing rt's best work and creativity to the discord!

Reactions: MIGs Dog

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It's a pain to sift through in comparison to this place. I do worry we are missing rt's best work and creativity to the discord!

There are ways to ameliorate that if your Discord server is run by someone who knows what they're doing. I have a feeling that PHNX is not that kind of place, but I wouldn't know since I'm not a "Diehard."

I'm heavily into flight simulation Discord and I always hang out there for trade deadline and draft days. Still haven't made the jump from forums to Discord for daily hockey talk, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad