Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign G Karel Vejmelka to a one year ELC.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Are we worried about losing Hill? Do we think that Hill is better than Jake Allen, Drieger, Halak?

Seattle has to pick three goalies and Hill is dirt cheap with upside.

Reactions: Mosby

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Seattle has to pick three goalies and Hill is dirt cheap with upside.
I don’t think he gets picked. You are only going to put 2 on roster and the 3rd likely has to clear waivers.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don’t think he gets picked. You are only going to put 2 on roster and the 3rd likely has to clear waivers.

They will be drafting 30 players. Two of the guys you mentioned are FAs and won't even be in the draft. Seattle can absolutely draft the most valuable player from the Coyotes that will be exposed and then trade him elsewhere.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
They will be drafting 30 players. Two of the guys you mentioned are FAs and won't even be in the draft. Seattle can absolutely draft the most valuable player from the Coyotes that will be exposed and then trade him elsewhere.
They could. Im just tossing out other names who who could be exposed or available to sign. I’m just not willing to think we are gonna panic if Hill gets selected. I think AZ will be making moves before we finalize our protected list but the options for Seattle or AZ on another goalie are decent.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Are we worried about losing Hill? Do we think that Hill is better than Jake Allen, Drieger, Halak?
Yes, because our other pieces Seattle can take aren't likely to be great, and Hill is in that age bracket where he has developed into NHL level and shown some consistency. You may question his ceiling compared to the others, but I think he's a safe pick to stay in the league at least as a backup here on out. I think Seattle would look at him as a project because he's one of the youngest who could be available, but he's also got a substantial amount of NHL experience compared to what's available. He's just low risk and does not have been seen as a starter. Also, frankly if our other pieces are middling, they can just take more than 3 goalies, and follow it up with a trade before the season kicks off.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
They could. Im just tossing out other names who who could be exposed or available to sign. I’m just not willing to think we are gonna panic if Hill gets selected. I think AZ will be making moves before we finalize our protected list but the options for Seattle or AZ on another goalie are decent.
They could negotiate with Driedger during their exclusive free agent window before the draft since he'll be a free agent. Then if they make the case that he stands a better chance with them than passing up Bobrovsky, he could sit on that and sign with them during regular free agency, which would allow them to take another player off Florida during the expansion draft. There would be the risk that another team signs him during free agency.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Wonder if we some salary dumps with sweeteners. Like a Lucic plus. Or a really big one, Price plus assets to Seattle in expansion draft.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He has a 2.74GAA and .913sv%. How is this possible? That’s ridiculously good, considering this team and the chances they allow. Stud.
Not counting quality the Coyores are middle of the pack in shots allowed while being pretty much last in every offensive category.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I'm surprised to see he hasn't been playing for the Czech Republic since U20.

They must have really good goalies.

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
I'm surprised to see he hasn't been playing for the Czech Republic since U20.

They must have really good goalies.

He played for my team (Kometa) and last year I wouldn’t put him in top 10 Czech goalies (tbh I was sad he got nr. 1 over Dostal). He’s a big surprise.

Edit: Even stranger, he's the first Czech goalie ever to go to NHL directly from Extraliga (something Hasek, Vokoun, Cechmanek and others failed to do)

Last edited:

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I've been enjoying seeing this kid's progress, I really hope the team can get him his first win soon. In what's got to be a miserable season for both team and fans, Vejmelka's first win after how he's been playing will probably be one of the best and most emotional moments of the entire season for the Coyotes. I want to see him get that dub and get handed the game pick from the win.

Stay strong Coyotes fans, I legitimately feel for you guys, this cannot be a fun year. I wish you guys the best.

Reactions: Devils Badvocate

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I've only seen 4 games this year but imo this team has been the most watchable team of the last 4 years. They at least consistently give a f*** and don't back down from physical play. That also illustrates how godawful the Tocchet years were to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad