Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign G Ivan Prosvetov to a 1-year Extension.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Hopefully the Coyotes don't deplete Tucson this year. I feel for Ivan. He was basically left out to dry this past season.
Deplete Tucson? Building up Tucson should be 1 of the top priorities this off-season. Making the Calder playoffs is a must. Some ex-KHL signings would help. Thought awhile back about buying out Ladd and then hiring him as player/coach for the Roadrunners.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Deplete Tucson? Building up Tucson should be 1 of the top priorities this off-season. Making the Calder playoffs is a must. Some ex-KHL signings would help. Thought awhile back about buying out Ladd and then hiring him as player/coach for the Roadrunners.
I don’t think you understood the comment. This year we decimated Tucson. The poster is saying hopefully we DONT deplete their team.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Nope. Your post was clear as day! Haha
I was just trying to say how important it is to make the Calder playoffs next season. Depth and waiver exemptions. If the Coyotes don't make the playoffs next season, the Roadrunners need to. The young pups need to taste playoff hockey

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I was just trying to say how important it is to make the Calder playoffs next season. Depth and waiver exemptions. If the Coyotes don't make the playoffs next season, the Roadrunners need to. The young pups need to taste playoff hockey

No doubt. Very important. Precisely why I really like the idea of drafting Nemec or Jiricek and hopefully plugging them into a competitive AHL roster right away

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Korenar was just trade filler to replace Hill and get the pick BA wanted.
I’m aware of that, but he was still a roster player for Tucson along with Prosvetov. Prosvetov hasn’t shown any kind of progress since he was drafted and I get the sense Armstrong doesn’t much care for him. I’m certain Korenar is gone. I just thought there was a decent chance Prosvetov was also not going to be re-signed.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I’m aware of that, but he was still a roster player for Tucson along with Prosvetov. Prosvetov hasn’t shown any kind of progress since he was drafted and I get the sense Armstrong doesn’t much care for him. I’m certain Korenar is gone. I just thought there was a decent chance Prosvetov was also not going to be re-signed.

Do or die time. His development has stalled and we are likely to add a few goalies to the system this summer.

100% agree on both of these. Very surprised it was only a one year deal (thought if they were going to sign him, might as well make it 2 or 3 for league minimum.

We'll see how we goes I guess -- still young at 23 but to me 1-year deal says the new mgmt doesn't really believe in him

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Honestly the fact that korhonen played for Tucson at the end of the season and didn’t do that bad should maybe light a fire under Prosvetov. He’s stalled bad and needs to become an at least competent AHL starter if he’s going to work out

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Prosvetov needs to get his sv% above .900 he's a liability for the Runners.

I dunno if Armstrong doesn't like him or not, but just the fact that he's taking up a roster spot putting up .880 is bad for everyone else on the team. How long you gonna wait?

He could be bad for another 3 years before putting it together it happens all the time with goalies. But there's a time value in his roster spot in the A and he's not holding up his end of the bargain by being passable.

Reactions: TheLegend

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I thought there was a pretty good chance Armstrong walked away from both Korenar and Prosvetov. Guess not.

Tucson were the 2nd worse team in the league, the goaltending was bad but it couldn’t be all on the goalies?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad