Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Emerson Etem, 1-year, 2-way

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Great AHL player, possible camp competition. One more of these, please.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Great pickup for the AHL...likely never going to see the ice ever again at the pro level, but he will help Tucson for sure as a PPG AHL guy.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This is who I really wanted instead of Visentin. A little late on the pick up...

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This is who I really wanted instead of Visentin. A little late on the pick up...

Lol I was just going to post this same thing. More AHL depth is good, having a minor league team that isn't a barren wasteland is a good thing.

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
Lol I was just going to post this same thing. More AHL depth is good, having a minor league team that isn't a barren wasteland is a good thing.

That makes 3 of us! I was VERY pissed that we passed over Etem by reaching for Visentin...I guess at the end of the day it didn't matter. Neither were NHL material.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I believe he is a local California kid, too. One of few who have made it to the NHL coming out of California.

I like it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'll always have a soft spot for Etem after he listed Bad Religion as his favorite band on his draft profile. Haha. Hard to believe looking back that both he and former teammate Hunter Shinkaruk have both been such disappointments so far. Reminds me of those seemingly stocked Oil Kings rosters of that same era that produced a bunch of busts. Who knew that Griffin Reinhart, Curtis Lazar, Hank Samuelson, David Musil, Brett Pollock, Mitch Moroz, and Michael St Croix would all bust so hard? I mean, those are all first and second round picks. All on an elite CHL team. All fizzled out at the next level. Hell, Samuelsson, Musil, Pollock, Moroz and St Croix aren't even useful AHL players. None seem to have a future in playing hockey at any level. From top prospects and Memorial cups to trying to find a real job inside of 5 years for these guys. Wow.

Mark Pysyk is basically your one guy from that powerhouse group that's on track. Haha.

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
I would bet he will be either called up at one point , or start out with the big club... Likely a short stint though

Yet another LHS winger?

1. Domi
2. Duclair
3. Perlini
4. Keller
5. Rieder
6. Crouse
7. Martinook
8. McGinn
---
9. Etem???

What the hell would be the point of that?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I believe he is a local California kid, too. One of few who have made it to the NHL coming out of California.

I like it.
He is indeed, I remember he made a crack about Buffalo being kind of crappy during the WJC's and some people got all offended. The more sensible pointed out that he was from SoCal and never had to deal with ****** weather before.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yet another LHS winger?
What the hell would be the point of that?

I don't think he's going to get a stint unless there are injuries, but he's another LHS that prefers the off-wing.
I guess there's an outside chance we catch lightning in a bottle, but it looks like Tucson will be exciting this year.

rt

May 13, 2004
I don't think he's going to get a stint unless there are injuries, but he's another LHS that prefers the off-wing.
I guess there's an outside chance we catch lightning in a bottle, but it looks like Tucson will be exciting this year.
Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to have him in Tucson. Very happy we signed him. For Tucson.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to have him in Tucson. Very happy we signed him. For Tucson.

Same. Like Ultra Mega Chychrun said earlier it's a good idea to have a farm team that's actually "not a barren wasteland" and in my opinion, actually good. Etem will be a big help for the Roadrunners. I would be surprised if he gets a single NHL game though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad