Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign D Cam Dineen to ELC

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Nice, have to assume he's heading back to the WHL next season, but at least he'll have a nice signing bonus check in pocket.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Nice, have to assume he's heading back to the WHL next season, but at least he'll have a nice signing bonus check in pocket.

North Bay is in the OHL

Had a knee injury so hopefully he recovers.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I didn't see him this year but his numbers are more than a little worrisome for a little guy who isn't particularly fast. I wonder how much losing Kyle Wood hurt his production. At any rate, I'm surprised they handed him a contract with a full year left before the deadline.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I didn't see him this year but his numbers are more than a little worrisome for a little guy who isn't particularly fast. I wonder how much losing Kyle Wood hurt his production. At any rate, I'm surprised they handed him a contract with a full year left before the deadline.

I got to see him a handful of times before his injury, I don't think losing Wood was what hurt his overall numbers as much as the team losing their top scorers and becoming a basement team. Butler has always been a defence first coach (Cam was focus'd on working on his defence this year too) which on a bad team hurt his stats but was good for Cam's overall development i think. At the end of the game when they'd be losing by 1 or 2 you could tell when Butler let Cam of his leash and he would be the offensive D we wanted when he was drafted
Only thing i'm worried about now is his recovery from this injury, I doubt North Bay is competitive next year so i could see Dineen being moved to a team wanting his offensive abilities. That's when i'd start expecting better numbers, till then I think it's more of a overall defence development game for him. I'm hoping at least, just my opinion.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I got to see him a handful of times before his injury, I don't think losing Wood was what hurt his overall numbers as much as the team losing their top scorers and becoming a basement team. Butler has always been a defence first coach (Cam was focus'd on working on his defence this year too) which on a bad team hurt his stats but was good for Cam's overall development i think. At the end of the game when they'd be losing by 1 or 2 you could tell when Butler let Cam of his leash and he would be the offensive D we wanted when he was drafted
Only thing i'm worried about now is his recovery from this injury, I doubt North Bay is competitive next year so i could see Dineen being moved to a team wanting his offensive abilities. That's when i'd start expecting better numbers, till then I think it's more of a overall defence development game for him. I'm hoping at least, just my opinion.

Good to hear I guess. Any thoughts on his overall development? Has his mobility improved at all?

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Good to hear I guess. Any thoughts on his overall development? Has his mobility improved at all?

His overall game was fine, was in good position defensively, was clearly focusing on a mistake free game with smart simple plays for sure. I kept wanting to see him do more every game i watched though, then in the last 10 min or so he'd start carrying North Bays offence and was great to watch.
Will need to add strength obviously to play in NHL, skating was pretty average if i remember correctly, but he could make breakout plays with ease. This injury will likely be a big set back for him though and i'd like him to get some more strength on his shot

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Just thought I'd bump this thread because he just got traded to Sarnia

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Here from HFSabres

I really wanted this guy and wished we would've gotten him 2nd day of the draft. I really hope he works out for the Yotes.

Reactions: RABBIT

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Here from HFSabres

I really wanted this guy and wished we would've gotten him 2nd day of the draft. I really hope he works out for the Yotes.

Responding from HFCoyotes

We really wanted the guy in your avatar with the 2nd pick in the 2015 draft but the Oilers f***ed up everything for both of our squads.

in all seriousness, we appreciate the love!

Reactions: Mittelstadt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad