Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Brayden Burke to ELC

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Well, if nothing else we'll have some AHL trade fodder for those GMs out there who endlessly fool themselves into thinking they can reform a problem child.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Since we won't be able to attract/afford any top flight free agents due to ownership/arena, why not take every free haystack looking for that one needle?

Reactions: Jakey53 and Heldig

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
According to Brayden Burke he was projected to go in the 2016 entry draft, but didn't. He wasn't projected high, but he was projected to go. So, it's easy to speculate he wasn't drafted due to issues, the same issues who also was there in that article.

Let's consider best-case: he is NHL-talent, and he has even built on it.

What if he actually has

a) sorted it out
and
b) turned out to be a future good NHL-er?

I suggest not using that article to mess this up if that's why the managment has signed him. Cause honestly, they must be aware of this. And they have signed him. Why else?

Waddyathink?

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
According to Brayden Burke he was projected to go in the 2016 entry draft, but didn't. He wasn't projected high, but he was projected to go. So, it's easy to speculate he wasn't drafted due to issues, the same issues who also was there in that article.

What if he actually has

a) sorted it out
and

I suggest not using that article to mess this up if that's why the managment has signed him. Cause honestly, they must be aware of this. And they have signed him. Why else?

Waddyathink?

i think Andy Miele that gets distracted by shiny things in the bleachers

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I dont understand how to insert a quote from another thread so I will just paste his draft analysis here:

Player Analysis: Brayden Burke is a slight but skilled forward for the Lethbridge Hurricanes…has some things to clean up in his overall skating but does posses good straight-line speed…speed is aided by the ability to make quick little crossovers as he pushes around the ice…those same crossovers also allow him to make quick east-west moves, forcing defenders to change their hip and shoulder angles while trying to slow him down on the rush…

is very light on his feet and doesn’t seem to have very good balance…looks slightly taller than his 5’10 listing, allowing him to have decent reach and length both with and without the puck…reads the play extremely well and possesses good 200-foot hockey sense…excels offensively at being able to slow the play down when the puck is on his stick…likes to enter the zone and put on the brakes to create space for himself…makes subtle dekes or moves as a playmaker which allow teammates to get open or lanes to open up…combines that sense with the ability to pass the puck in an accurate and sharp manner…hands are a bit stiff and rigid at times in pass reception…

could get more comfortable handling the puck overall, especially in traffic…is a bit soft on the puck at times and can be considered fairly easy to play against at times due to his lack of strength and balance…will need to get bigger and stronger to play at the next level…his value defensively comes in the form of good positioning…

while he’s not overly strong on his stick he does good work with it defensively in the form of quick pokes and stick-lifts…with added strength and explosiveness he should be able to develop a fairly competent defensive element to his game…is not an abrasive or physical player but doesn’t float or take shifts off…spent much of the 2nd half of the season on the LW alongside Giorgio Estephan and Tyler Wong…seemed to really come out of nowhere in the second half of the year, developing immense chemistry alongside Estephan and Wong…

his overall PPG rate of 0.81 was 8th best among all first-year draft-eligible WHL forwards…registered 0.64 even-strength PPG which was 6th highest mark among all first-year draft-eligible WHL forwards…finished T-9th in primary assists (with 16) among all first-year draft-eligible WHL forwards…either scored or assisted on 26.15% of all Lethbridge goals during the regular season, the 9th highest mark among all first-year draft-eligible WHL forwards…

was a 7th round selection, 145th overall, by Red Deer in the 2012 WHL Bantam Draft…was dealt to the Hurricanes this year in a deal that saw overage forward Riley Sheen head to the Rebels…will have the opportunity to continue to see big develop minutes within the rebuilding Hurricanes organization…

overall I see Burke as a smart and fairly skilled player for the Hurricanes and a guy who has top 9 NHL potential if he can grow and follow a nearly perfect developmental curve…if he doesn’t reach that level of success in his career he should have the ability to be a top 6 style of forward in the AHL, offering organizational depth, but he could take a number of years to eventually reach that peak…

Reactions: hbk and Sthlmyote

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

What if he actually has

a) sorted it out
and

Waddyathink?
For all the comments Chayka has said about the importance of character we have to assume they believe that things are better. I was also once a 17 year old shithead as well. We all grow up.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
For all the comments Chayka has said about the importance of character we have to assume they believe that things are better. I was also once a 17 year old ****head as well. We all grow up.
Not all.:(

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think there's a difference between being an17 year old shithead teenager and being the second coming of Ribeiro.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think there's a difference between being an17 year old ****head teenager and being the second coming of Ribeiro.
Totally ageee. We don’t even know what makes Burke so unbearable. It might be more about eye rolls, scoffs, and curfew issues than it is about coke and hoes. In fact I’d say that’s probable. Haha.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think there's a difference between being an17 year old ****head teenager and being the second coming of Ribeiro.

Totally ageee. We don’t even know what makes Burke so unbearable. It might be more about eye rolls, scoffs, and curfew issues than it is about coke and hoes. In fact I’d say that’s probable. Haha.

What did Burke do?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
What did Burke do?

From reading the two articles linked here in the thread I would say it was a personality issue.

He just didn’t fit in the room with one team but now seems to be okay with his new one.

We’re talking about a kid who was in his late teens at the time who seems to have some mad skills. But the maturity didn’t match the skills at that point. It may be now he’s done some growing up and is ready to move forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad