Coyotes sign Brandon Yip - Yippity do da

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
This is an excellent signing. Don't read too much into it, he's a solid fourth line guy and the thoughts regarding Brown (I also haven't seen that he is ready - yet), could be valid.

Besides, with a name like Yip he belongs here! :)

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Yip has good character and should fit in with the dressing room well but other then that, it doesn't make a lot of difference on the ice imo. Fourth liners are a dime a dozen.
But maybe he will excel in Tips system.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
This needed more recognition than it got...

That's how old I am - I had to look these guys up, as I was already out of Sesame Street before they came along... I also think of The Count as being new. ("I love to count"...pfft don't we all, I've known that for years)

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Yip has good character and should fit in with the dressing room well but other then that, it doesn't make a lot of difference on the ice imo. Fourth liners are a dime a dozen.
But maybe he will excel in Tips system.
Good fourth liners can be very decisive on a team's prowess. Just look at Boston's bottom three and how they can completely turn a game around. ****, look at Gordon and how he completely shut down so many players that other fourth liners would never be able to keep up with.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
The Yip-Chip-Klink line
Good fourth liners can be very decisive on a team's prowess. Just look at Boston's bottom three and how they can completely turn a game around. ****, look at Gordon and how he completely shut down so many players that other fourth liners would never be able to keep up with.

A Tippet coached team is as good as the weakest link! In some games in the past the so called 4th line has been the most dependable.

Chipchura, Kyle $800,000
Yip, Brandon $675,000 - 125,000(AHL)
Klinkhammer, $625,000

$2,100,000 invested in that 4th line for this season! I was worried at the end of the Coyotes season, that they wouldn't be able to ice a good "4th line", and now I'm impressed at the (good, relatively cheap) signings. Frees up money for the other lines and seems to be a solid 4th line. I can see Yip having a 'career' season and sticking with the club all season as well as Chip & Klink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad