Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Barret Hayton to 3yr. ELC

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Terms seem to indicate they expect him to slide both seasons. $92,500 signing bonus which I believe is maximum, and $925,000 AAV which is. No performance bonuses.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
*insert obligatory "three years very long commitment to an unproven guy" joke here*

Terms seem to indicate they expect him to slide both seasons. $92,500 signing bonus which I believe is maximum, and $925,000 AAV which is. No performance bonuses.
He should slide both seasons. Playing center in the men's league is hard, and we just added Richardson / Galchenyuk to help hold that position down. Strome should be with the big club all season too. Zero reason to rush him.

Reactions: Jmmack

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
9XqUVOb.png

Coyotes website making it too easy.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
I wasn’t able to watch any of his development Cameron. Did he look good out there? I really want him to pan out

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
*insert obligatory "three years very long commitment to an unproven guy" joke here*

He should slide both seasons. Playing center in the men's league is hard, and we just added Richardson / Galchenyuk to help hold that position down. Strome should be with the big club all season too. Zero reason to rush him.

The only way he is rushed is if he puts himself in the position to be rushed into the NHL. Considering how we have been patient with Strome, there is less than 0.001% chance that he is rushed, IMO.

Wasn't able to watch all of the rookie camp game, but he appeared to be exactly the same as what he was with Soo in the limited viewings. Just seemed to always be in the proper place and had a couple of moments where his puck-tracking ability was second to none. I can also see why sometimes it looks like he was floating just a little bit, but very much in the same mindset of Strome where he kind of knows where to be at and position himself properly.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I don't think Strome is a lock for the Coyotes. The way they have added C's tells me they are not sure of Strome, and he might be up and down or traded this year, too early to tell. They didn't rush strome, gave him 4 different stints now, sent him back after the first 3, gave him chances so he knows what to work on. I see the same scenario with Hayton. When he is ready, he'll be up and down a bit the next few years, they won't rush him, he'll be ready when he is ready.

Reactions: Jakey53

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
^^^

Was going to kind of say similar thoughts. It is almost like they have the same player in terms of the mental game and understanding of where to position themselves on the ice between Hayton and Strome. The difference is that Hayton has great reactions and appears to be a better skater, for what it is worth. Not worried about Hayton's efforts defensively, and it is a matter of his offense catching up. With Strome, it is the other way around.

The hope is that both of them are the 1-2 punch that is desperately needed down the middle, but I don't know if the team and management is quite as confident in Strome being that guy.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
^^^

Was going to kind of say similar thoughts. It is almost like they have the same player in terms of the mental game and understanding of where to position themselves on the ice between Hayton and Strome. The difference is that Hayton has great reactions and appears to be a better skater, for what it is worth. Not worried about Hayton's efforts defensively, and it is a matter of his offense catching up. With Strome, it is the other way around.

The hope is that both of them are the 1-2 punch that is desperately needed down the middle, but I don't know if the team and management is quite as confident in Strome being that guy.
Agreed. The NHl is about Goal tending, then top 4D, Top 3C's, then wingers. In the last few years we have picked up Stepan, drafted Strome/Hayton, picked up Galchenyuk (maybe a C), signed Kruger/Richardson, picked up Hammer/Gogo/Demers, drafted Chychrun, signed OEL. Who did we get rid of? Duclair/Domi/Reider/Martinook, all wingers. I am not a fan of Kessel/Lucic, paying the big money or a premium price, not worth it. Let our wingers come from within or get somebody cheap to help.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad