Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Scouts draft players. Team still needs to develop them. 7/9 hit. That’s a fantastic draft.

Strome disappointed.

Finding players is the main thing. Finding impact players is the hard thing. Our franchise struggled exceptionally with both aspects. This draft at least provided some degree of organizational depth. I don’t view it as a failure because Dylan Strome eats a bagel for breakfast.

What's wrong with eating bagels for breakfast? I had one yesterday.

Then again, I'm not an NHL player. Maybe I just answered my own question.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What's wrong with eating bagels for breakfast? I had one yesterday.

Then again, I'm not an NHL player. Maybe I just answered my own question.
I think Tippett viewed it as a sign of not paying attention to proper nutrition and therefore not doing all he could to reach his potential as an NHL player. Keep in mind Tippett wanted AZ to trade the pick for Doug Hamilton so he was already not happy with Strome being part of the organization. Ironically, Maloney apparently also wanted a D (wanted Proporov) with our pick and it was our scouts that were pounding the table for Strome because he was a big C. Maloney not wanting a mutiny (in 2003 our scouts famously walked out on the organization on draft day because we didn't have any picks in the best draft possibly of all time) decided to go with the professionals he had hired to make the draft list.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I think Tippett viewed it as a sign of not paying attention to proper nutrition and therefore not doing all he could to reach his potential as an NHL player. Keep in mind Tippett wanted AZ to trade the pick for Doug Hamilton. Maloney apparently wanted Proporov and it was our scouts that were pounding the table for Strome because he was a big C.

Oh, wait, Dylan Strome actually ate bagels for breakfast and it wasn't just a saying? That one went over my head, if so.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I missed the vote.. but would vote D .. Garland redeemed it from being way worse. , although I think Adin Hill may actually have a decent career...

I am still sore about Stome over Marner .

Also just because someone decided to play a certain player alot of games doesn't necessarily mean that he should have IMO

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I missed the vote.. but would vote D .. Garland redeemed it from being way worse. , although I think Adin Hill may actually have a decent career...

I am still sore about Stome over Marner .

Also just because someone decided to play a certain player alot of games doesn't necessarily mean that he should have IMO
I wonder how many thought Marner would have a career he is having. We picked Fischer but we could have had Aho, or Hintz, and the list goes on.

Reactions: ck26

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I wanted them to take Hanifin instead of Strome, admittedly wasn't interested much in Marner.
Hanifan’s skating was what i was eyeing up. Marner i had next followed by Strome. I watched a ton of OHL hockey that year.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I wanted them to take Hanifin instead of Strome, admittedly wasn't interested much in Marner.
I don't really follow jr but I remember a lot of Leaf fans wanting Hanifin but Hunter fighting for Marner. It's interesting looking back most years. The NHL really should do an edited behind tge s enes every year. Only editing out anything over the top that could embarrass the players.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad