Confirmed with Link: Coyotes resign Connauton to 2 year deal

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Such a contract makes me think that he very much believes in the collective adventure ahead; like OEL and Hammer. He might have easily had a better contract somewhere else as an UFA but it seems that those Coyotes is who he wants to play with and for.

Let's not forget that and support him should he struggle in the future.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm not happy because I think we could've gotten an upgrade.

But who cares. He's likely a #6/7 and it isn't much money.

Hickey, Hamhuis, De Haan are probably the only upgrades out there right now. None of them are signing for $1.3m, plus you've got risk in pushing a beloved teammate that worked in the system out the door. I think Chayka will go after a veteran RD to keep KConn the 7/Chychrun backup.

Reactions: KG and CC96

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He probably could have gotten slightly more from another team. Remember, nobody wants to live or play in Arizona. :D
I'd say we have an above average quality top 6 D and an above average quality starting goaltender. Our forward group is kind of mess. Just a big pile of crossed fingers and hail marys.

How do you even rank our forwards?

1. Keller (probably below average #1 forward)
2. Stepan (probably below average #2 forward)
3. Galchenyuk (probably below average #3 forward)

And the next six forwards (Dvorak, Panik, Perlini, Fischer, Strome, Cousins) are just a big pile that can't really be sorted with confidence.

At the very least we need a guy that's a clear-cut #4 on that list. If it's just another guy for the pile, it doesn't move the needle much, I don't think.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I'd say we have an above average quality top 6 D and an above average quality starting goaltender. Our forward group is kind of mess. Just a big pile of crossed fingers and hail marys.

How do you even rank our forwards?

1. Keller (probably below average #1 forward)
2. Stepan (probably below average #2 forward)
3. Galchenyuk (probably below average #3 forward)

And the next six forwards (Dvorak, Panik, Perlini, Fischer, Strome, Cousins) are just a big pile that can't really be sorted with confidence.

At the very least we need a guy that's a clear-cut #4 on that list. If it's just another guy for the pile, it doesn't move the needle much, I don't think.

When you say below average forward. What do you mean? Below average as the best forward on the team or per line? (Like below average 1st liner...etc).

Just for clarification!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Pretty short list of guys that meet that criteria: Neal, Perron, JVR, Vanek

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
When you say below average forward. What do you mean? Below average as the best forward on the team or per line? (Like below average 1st liner...etc).

Just for clarification!
I mean most NHL teams have a forward better than Keller (right now). And most NHL teams have two forwards better than Stepan. Three better than Galchenyuk.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad