Confirmed with Link: Coyotes renew Rapid City Rush ECHL affiliation

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I went to their website and noticed that Perlini's older brother, Brett, plays for Rapid City.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Cool beans.

Michael Bunting, Dakota Mermis, Marek Langhamer and the since-departed James Melindy saw action for Rapid City last season.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Renewal for 1 year only. Repeat of Springfield? Buy a team and move them to northern AZ? Builds brand support through ECHL, AHL, and NHL.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
There's a perfect arena already in Prescott. That would be great to have all 3 teams in AZ.

Well, we'll have to contend with Las Vegas - hearing whispers that Prescott Valley might be in play for a Vegas minor team.

Albuquerque would be fine by me considering that it's part of our TV territory.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd prefer the ECHL team to be in New Mexico. Expands our reach and also doesn't give a pro hockey option to the people of Prescott. I know that's a bit cynical, but if they want to watch pro hockey, it's better financially for the Coyotes that they make the trip to Glendale to do so.

Albuquerque Aardvarks?

new_mexico_scorpions_2006-07.gif

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Are there enough sports dollars in Prescott for two minor league teams anyway, with the D-League moving in?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Where does the rush stand in comparison to the level of hockey the sundogs were? Speaking with my parents, that area wanted hockey back much more than they wanted basketball.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Where does the rush stand in comparison to the level of hockey the sundogs were?

ECHL was better than than the old CHL. Some former players have said the level of play was reasonably close. But basing it on the number of players who can go from the ECHL to the AHL at some point; I think that clearly favors the ECHL.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Don't forget the remaining CHL teams were absorbed by the ECHL.

The Rush being one of them. But I think when a few teams teams folded in the late 2000's, the 2 that folded when the CHL itself shut down, the talent pool wasn't as strained. Makes those remaining teams more competitive in the tougher league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00