News Article: Coyotes rebuild is just beginning, but it’s off to a brilliant start

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Crouse definitely has value, I don’t think he has enough value to get arguably the leafs top prospect though.

Also, Wright would be huge for Arizona.
The other poster said Toronto didn’t have a cap dump with enough negative value to amount to Amirov. But that’s disingenuous because Crouse, himself, has vale. So what we’re talking about is merely the delta. How much more than Crouse is Amirov worth? Rather than how much more than nothing is Amirov worth.

Also, if you think Amirov is the Leafs best prospect, we’ll GLADLY shift the conversation to Robertson. :)

Reactions: YotesFan47

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Was curious as a leafs fan Lawson Crouse situation if he's available and if so what type of deal would the Yotes be looking for him. If a deal around Dermott+ is something of interest.

I'm not sentimental to Crouse, but right now my thoughts are that we should settle down on the trades for a while. Let Chychrun build some new relationships on the team before trading more of the players he's grown with. He's probably already got shell shock.

Reactions: zerekstar

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not sentimental to Crouse, but right now my thoughts are that we should settle down on the trades for a while. Let Chychrun build some new relationships on the team before trading more of the players he's grown with. He's probably already got shell shock.
Same holds true for Crouse, Keller, Schmaltz, Fischer and Bush. Chychrun isn't by himself here.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Same holds true for Crouse, Keller, Schmaltz, Fischer and Bush. Chychrun isn't by himself here.

No, he's not. It doesn't look quite as lonely on paper as it did in my head lol.

I would move him for the right price, not much of a Crouse fan. I'd rather wait until the deadline though. Chychrun is the only one of them I care to keep somewhat happy. (That sounds horrible lol. You know what I mean.)

Edited to add post in response to.

Last edited:

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
I was just curious what it would cost more so than anything. If the price is a top prospect then I think we are far apart as Dvorak got a 1st and a 2024 2nd round pick not sure how Crouse gets a 1st or a top prospect to start. A b level prospect +.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I was just curious what it would cost more so than anything. If the price is a top prospect then I think we are far apart as Dvorak got a 1st and a 2024 2nd round pick not sure how Crouse gets a 1st or a top prospect to start. A b level prospect +.

I'm horrible at judging player trade value for the most part. @rt is usually pretty bang on tho.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Really hoping Touringy can get more out of Crouse. He is a valuable player if he can repeat his production from two seasons ago. He becomes a unicorn if he can improve on that production AND get more bite. He is getting more mature which I hope gives him more confidence in playing his body against vets and kids, he always seemed to scrap with peers rather than vets besides that PK fight if I remember correctly. Time for him to intimidate the freshmen and sophomores or the league and to protect our kids more. I hope the roster construction and Touringy help give him that confidence.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
These plaudits are premature but they're important for Meruelo and Co. to see so they stay the f*** out of hockey ops. Let them do their thing.

Reactions: 0point1

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
Didn’t realize Crouse was worthless.
I never said he was worthless. I'm saying your not getting a top prospect like Amirov, robertson, sandin, or liljegren for that matter. When Dvorak gets a 1st and a 2024 2nd. I think you have to expect something less. A 2nd and a B propsect for example. Bennett + a 6th round pick got a 2nd and a b prospect. I think that would be roughly what Crouse gets.

rt

May 13, 2004
I never said he was worthless. I'm saying your not getting a top prospect like Amirov, robertson, sandin, or liljegren for that matter. When Dvorak gets a 1st and a 2024 2nd. I think you have to expect something less. A 2nd and a B propsect for example. Bennett + a 6th round pick got a 2nd and a b prospect. I think that would be roughly what Crouse gets.
Why would Arizona want to trade Crouse for a 2nd?

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
Why would Arizona want to trade Crouse for a 2nd?

Would Dermott/Mikeyev+ Anderson do it or something along those lines? I'm just trying to get a realistic idea what it would cost. That is all. If your thinking Robertson, Amirov, sandin, or liljegren are going to be part of the conversation then I guess we are done with conversation and thats ok.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
First viewing of Bedard tonight at a Pats scrimmage. He is going to be too tempting to not tank for. This is the next Crosby level superstar.
Thing is, this team will be very bad next year, too. Bottom 5, no tanking necessary. Just need some lottery luck (2 years in a row!)

rt

May 13, 2004
Would Dermott/Mikeyev+ Anderson do it or something along those lines? I'm just trying to get a realistic idea what it would cost. That is all. If your thinking Robertson, Amirov, sandin, or liljegren are going to be part of the conversation then I guess we are done with conversation and thats ok.
Aren’t those just players you don’t want?

Reactions: Mosby

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Thing is, this team will be very bad next year, too. Bottom 5, no tanking necessary. Just need some lottery luck (2 years in a row!)

Ha! We've had zero lottery luck in 25 years. Now you want 2 years in a row? We're not the Oilers.

Reactions: Jakey53

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
Aren’t those just players you don’t want?

Nope guys we have replacements for cheaper. The reason I'm looking at Crouse is because he brings an element we still lack. Is there a realistic deal you can see that would interest the yotes that the leafs have if not all you have to say is no and if yes suggest an offer. That's all I'm asking bro.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Ha! We've had zero lottery luck in 25 years. Now you want 2 years in a row? We're not the Oilers.
And the rules changed, too. Not sure you CAN win 2 years in a row.

From NHL.com

The 2021 NHL Draft Lottery will be reduced from three drawings to two as part of changes announced Tuesday.

The changes, approved by the NHL Board of Governors, will determine the order of the NHL Draft for the teams that do not qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Two other changes will begin with the 2022 NHL Draft Lottery:
-- Teams will be restricted from moving up more than 10 spots if it wins one of the lottery draws.
-- Teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year period. Wins in the lottery prior to 2022 will not be counted toward this total.
The NHL said the changes will reduce the likelihood of the worst-finishing team dropping in the draft order and not retaining the right to the No. 1 pick; reduce the magnitude of any possible drop in draft order for the worst-finishing team; limit the number of teams eligible to win the No. 1 pick (based on final regular-season standings); and limit the number of times the same team can benefit from winning a lottery drawing.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I'm not expecting to win it, we just need one of Wright, Savoie or Lambert to get our center. We'll be bottom four or five to get one of them, but we should grab a center in this draft. Then in 2023 if we miss out on Bedard maybe we still can get Michkov. We won't need lottery luck in the next two drafts, we should be guaranteed a top three pick in both drafts. Armstrong is clearly tanking.

Reactions: Heldig and MIGs Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad