Confirmed with Link: Coyotes qualify Rieder, Murphy, Stone, Gaudet, Fournier

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Coyotes qualify Rieder, Murphy, Stone, Gaudet, Fournier

Not qualified: Phil Samuelsson, Treutle, Shinnimin, Thomas, Plotnikov (already KHL)

Not qualified but intend to negotiate: Dahlbeck, KConn, Tinordi

As per Morgan

Last edited:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Coyotes qualify Rieder, Murphy, Stone, Gaudet, Fournier

Not qualified: Phil Samuelsson, Treutle, Shinnimin, Thomas, Plotnikov (already KHL)

Not qualified but intend to negotiate: Dahlbeck, KConn

As per Morgan

Ouch, wasn't his qualifying offer minimum one of the lowest of the RFAs?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ouch, wasn't his qualifying offer minimum one of the lowest of the RFAs?

All three happen to be LHD. Makes me think negotiations with their prime target (KConn?) will impact the result of the other negotiations.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Fournier?
Fournier?
Fournier?
Fournier?

Muscle for Tuscon I guess

Odd that he got qualified over Dahlbeck connauton or tinordi. Was his qualifier a two day deal, and their qualifiers would've been one way? Maybe Chayka wants them on two way deals.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Of the "non-qualifying" Shinnimin and Samuelsson probably have the best chances of being signed for 4th line/3rd pairing on an NHL team. Of course those chances are pretty slim.

Troytle will probably head back to Europe

Thomas will probably be signed by an AHL team

I have no problem losing Dahlbeck if we can't get him for super cheap (that seems to be the plan).

I'm mixed on Connauton. Hopefully we negotiate him down to a less expensive offer, but we could probably find a replacement as well.

Tinordi is Tinordi. Again, on a cheap contract, sure, but otherwise, we can find someone to take his slot as well.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Odd that he got qualified over Dahlbeck connauton or tinordi. Was his qualifier a two day deal, and their qualifiers would've been one way? Maybe Chayka wants them on two way deals.

Well, he is a RHS RW, 6'3, 226 lbs and only 24, so perhaps it's a good signing (his QO was low as well).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I could see them wanting Tinordi for his muscle. We are getting pretty light on the back end.

Meaningless if you aren't in a position to use it. Tinordi is 24, the ship has more or less sailed. They might give him a go on the farm team on a 2 way deal.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Isn't Tinordi the guy that got destroyed in his fight? Just stood there like a punching bag?
Could be but I wasn't really thinking about the fighting aspect. I meant more clearing the crease and so on. Tippet doesn't seem to go for the fighting anyway so getting involved in that capacity would probably get him benched.

We are pretty light overall.:)
We are and getting lighter.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Meaningless if you aren't in a position to use it. Tinordi is 24, the ship has more or less sailed. They might give him a go on the farm team on a 2 way deal.

I'm not saying Tinordi will ever be a player but 24 for a dman is a heck of a lot different then a forward.
Some dmen develop well beyond 24

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm not saying Tinordi will ever be a player but 24 for a dman is a heck of a lot different then a forward.
Some dmen develop well beyond 24

True. Look at Dennis Seidenberg who became a top 4D after 24 (and when he left our organization)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad