Coyotes Puck Drop Preview

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Stone has not, is not, and will not be paired with OEL. That's Murphy that developed the chemistry, not Stone. Michalek is an over the hill defender and not capable of bei a top 4 defenceman. PuttingZ over Murphy is just a slap in the face to Murphy who has been developing very nicely

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The 3RD spot belongs to Schenn, as Chayka says that Michalek is a depth, vet presence at this point.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Love how the guy with the 3rd highest TOI for D (Murphy) is considered a "press box rotation" type of player in the analysis. Post-Thanksgiving, Murphy had 3 games with less than 18 minutes TOI. Pre-Thanksgiving, he had 10 such games.

That sounds like someone who was struggling with certain partners as we slotted him up and down the lineup, only to realize which pairing he would work well with after sitting him for a few games here and there. Definitely not someone who will be rotating in and out of the press box...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
When an author spends more time reading press clipping than watching tape, he writes this type of analysis.

I take issue with the claim that Duclair had tougher minutes than Domi. I thought that Duclair was sheltered to some extent.

I take issue with the evaluation of our defensemen. All of it.

Feb 12, 2003
These kinds of articles are easily dismissed. They are uninformed guesses from the outside and don't know how the team is really setup or functions. They drive interest to the site to see how "your team" is looking, but only a casual fan or less would believe a majority of what they print.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Thanks for saving me the time guys. Uninformed articles like these are better left unread. There's plenty of other things to annoy myself with.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Up there with Tanner's article that Rundblad should have been a hot commodity by NHL teams this off season?

Feb 12, 2003
I'm shocked they didn't have Chris Pronger on our top pairing and Pavel Datsyuk as our top center.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
I haven't gotten through the entire article yet but while we may use Keller as a winger, I'm almost certain he was drafted as a Center. Like Domi, whom everyone seems to forget.

Either way, I'm continuing the article because I'm dieing for Coyote news and opinions on our team. Good or bad, it's always nice to see where the rest of the league sees us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad