Confirmed with Link: Coyotes overhaul training staff

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
If they overhaul the entire organization, but keep Tip as coach, I will be strongly disappointed! I'm okay with a fresh start on all levels and they need to stay consistent.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Jason Serbus has been with us...forever?

Since '08 which is a good while. I remember he came over from Tampa Bay and I felt like he was still one of the newer guys. I don't see how changing the training staff is supposed to affect the on ice results though. Also, I did not know that they "brought in Jake Goldberg from the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League to be the director of hockey operations."

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's all part of the plan. They don't want to pay Tippett so if they just fire everyone he worked with, they probably hope he's just gonna leave. Sooner or later, Tippett will be gone.
Similar situation to Florida last season. They also fired the whole staff during the offseason. Gallant and Kelly got a few more months before they got fired as well.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If they overhaul the entire organization, but keep Tip as coach, I will be strongly disappointed! I'm okay with a fresh start on all levels and they need to stay consistent.

Tippett and Playfair. Brown is gone already. Hell let's get rid of the goalie coaches too.
Completely new staff would be great. If they completely clean house I'm a lot less furious about Doan, but cleaning most of the house and leaving the living room(coaching staff) a moldy cesspool is just idiotic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad