News Article: Coyotes only NHL team to relax pre-game dress code

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The first semi positive story about AZ is about our dress code. For f*** sakes.

Baby steps, man. May not mean much to the general public, but it's gonna mean something to the players around the league to see that not only are we not an administrative dumpster fire, but that playing in Arizona might have some benefits.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Baby steps, man. May not mean much to the general public, but it's gonna mean something to the players around the league to see that not only are we not an administrative dumpster fire, but that playing in Arizona might have some benefits.
I hope someone wears short shorts with knee high socks and suspenders.

that will be the level of hard hitting journalism that this team deserves.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Yeah I'm gong to AZ so I can wear shorts to the games! It could happen...

Well, all I'm saying is that we've heard for years this anecdotal stuff about how living in Scottsdale is nice because of the WIKKED ASS PARTY SCENE YO, but this is the first time we have actual documentation that other players in the league might find Arizona appealing.

Reactions: RemoAZ

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
This site is great, looking at the thread on the main board, people are so appalled by this that they believe the team should just fold already. Can't make this stuff up. I think it's a good move, gotta be annoying to always wear a suit.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
What? No one worrying that this adds to a frat house atmosphere? As someone who works in a field where I don't have to ever wear a shirt and tie (and lately, even a shirt :laugh: ), no one's ever said that I look 'well-disciplined'.

Reactions: RemoAZ

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What? No one worrying that this adds to a frat house atmosphere?

If anything, I feel like it's the opposite. Frat houses are places where conformity is the norm and individuals are rarely comfortable breaking out of that.

I'd think, if I were a player, having an ownership and management group who tell you, "We want to let you be whatever you need to be to allow yourself 100% commitment on the ice," would be a pretty big deal. Especially in a league so dominated by the "This is how it's always been done" mentality - any time you break out of that thinking, you can find inefficiencies in the system that you can exploit. Meruelo knows this from the business side, clearly, because otherwise he wouldn't have rocked the boat.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If anything, I feel like it's the opposite. Frat houses are places where conformity is the norm and individuals are rarely comfortable breaking out of that.

I'd think, if I were a player, having an ownership and management group who tell you, "We want to let you be whatever you need to be to allow yourself 100% commitment on the ice," would be a pretty big deal. Especially in a league so dominated by the "This is how it's always been done" mentality - any time you break out of that thinking, you can find inefficiencies in the system that you can exploit. Meruelo knows this from the business side, clearly, because otherwise he wouldn't have rocked the boat.
It seems the Lamoriello teams really challenge this post. He pretty much gets the most out of every player on his teams while demanding they follow rules above what other teams have.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Having said that, we did notice a suite on the attack-twice end with about 25 young men in suits and ties Monday night. I'm guessing that was the rest of the training camp invitees.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Hell yeah, let's do everything we can to piss in the cereal of hard core traditionalists. I want to be Carolina hurricanes west. Feed on their hatred.
I think you are gonna be disappointed by the really small number of people who care about this. They might poke fun at the small number of guys who go off the wall but hockey is pretty bland sport and most will look that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad