GDT: Coyotes @ Oilers / 6:00PM MT / SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Chuck up another obvious loss against the yotes. I take a guess that Gagner/Rieder get a point, Yandle/ OEL get on the scoresheet, and Dubnyk plays well. You would think the oilers could at least beat a team that got blown out yesterday, and are tired today. But the answer is obvious. Yotes must be happy to play the oilers all the time. If not, their record would just be as bad as ours.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
This will mark the 5th time I've turned down free tickets this year. Funny thing is, I think they'll win (I'm gonna say 6-3), but I'd rather watch a WJC exhibition game than be bothered to set foot in Rexall. Save myself the 60 bucks for parking/beer. May never get an invite once the new arena comes, but I don't want to support this team in any way, shape, or form while Lowe and MacT are still employed.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Well the Coyotes are in disarray. They got pounded last night, and their starter got shelled.

So the Oilers will be facing their back-up on the 2nd leg of a back to back. Should be an easy win for the Oil.

Ah who am I kidding. The Oilers will take a 2 goal lead into the 3rd only to let it slip away in the last 6 minutes losing in regulation. 5-4 Yotes.

sundaysleftovers

Feb 28, 2013
Saskatchewan
This will mark the 5th time I've turned down free tickets this year. Funny thing is, I think they'll win (I'm gonna say 6-3), but I'd rather watch a WJC exhibition game than be bothered to set foot in Rexall. Save myself the 60 bucks for parking/beer. May never get an invite once the new arena comes, but I don't want to support this team in any way, shape, or form while Lowe and MacT are still employed.

They should at least lower the beer prices in these tough times eh!:yo:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Less than 10 posts hours before puck drop in a GDT :laugh:

These truly are the worst of times for us Oil fans :(

4-1 Yotes

Eh. I think for the most part there just isn't the time/concern to be worried about them so close to Christmas. Not worth getting upset about it so close to the holidays.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
If they're gonna break the losing streak now is the time to do it. Those 2 games against the Flames and the King's are basically auto losses. Lets go Oilers :handclap:

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Eh. I think for the most part there just isn't the time/concern to be worried about them so close to Christmas. Not worth getting upset about it so close to the holidays.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. Also, happy Festivus everyone!. This thread will serve well as our "Airing of Grievances" I'm sure :laugh:

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Coyotes have 2 wins in the last month and they're both against the Oilers.

Lets make it 3.

OilerInOttawa

Dec 8, 2014
The coaching change didnt bring any wins yet but no one can tell me the team hasn't been different since it happened. I figured the change would take a few weeks of shaking the Eakins out of everyone's system before any real results would show up but the fact that we're scoring goals and actually in the game (despite that second period blowout in shots against SJ and losing a lead on Sunday) is a great sign. They could easily pull this one off tonight and I predict a 5-2 win.

Everyone is way past being fed up so I'm not surprised that there's been little benefit to the doubt that the coaching change hasn't really changed anything, but I feel like there's improvement already... They win tonight.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
Could our curse go so deep, that it takes but two former Oilers to banish a team from playoff contention?

Stars suck, Hemsky and Horc.
Yotes suck, Gags and Dubs.

World Jrs and Battle of Alberta will be great!

Maybe a joust with our ultimate rival will be enough to get our arses in gear.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
IIRC we haven't won against the Yotes at home since 2009 or something ridiculous like that. :laugh: It's easy (sadly) to predict the outcome of games vs them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad