News Article: Coyotes move to Las Vegas

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Toronto and Seattle to get the expansion teams

http://nypost.com/2015/06/30/arizona-coyotes-to-move-to-las-vegas-under-new-owner/

Sin City is getting hockey, two sources close to the situation told The Post.
The NHL is arranging the sale of the Arizona Coyotes to billionaire William Foley who will move the team to Las Vegas giving it its first major professional franchise, one source said.
“Las Vegas has reached 10,000 season ticket deposits,†enough to justify a franchise, the other source said.
Foley said in January that he needed 10,000 ticket deposits to get an NHL team.
Foley will move them for the 2016-17 season, the source said. The Post last year was the first to report Foley was backing a Vegas franchise.
MGM Resorts and arena operator AEG are building a 20,000 seat hockey-ready arena in Las Vegas that is slated to open in spring 2016.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Oh and this makes Donny's bag full of next years picks even more brilliant.

So grateful I have been holding back my angst. ;)

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
If this were true, I can't even imagine how putrid the attendance numbers would be in Phoenix next season.

Come to think of it, is it at all normal for there to be hard indication ONE FULL SEASON PRIOR to a move? Wasn't the news of the Jets moving to Colorado not made official until one of the last games they played?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
If this were true, I can't even imagine how putrid the attendance numbers would be in Phoenix next season.

Come to think of it, is it at all normal for there to be hard indication ONE FULL SEASON PRIOR to a move? Wasn't the news of the Jets moving to Colorado not made official until one of the last games they played?

That's why the two snakes Daly and Bettman will deny it until next June.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:popcorn:

CIy9CNAWwAAAuFk.png:large

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Yeah, Bettman's denying it, per this article:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...rt-coyotes-moving-las-vegas-completely-untrue

Not that I would expect or even want for him to confirm it. Come on, we're all big boys here, this isn't our first time at the rodeo. We know how it works. Deny as long as possible, and then, SURPRISE! Time for a relocation party! And while I'm sure Bettman wants to stay in Arizona, because moving hockey into warm climates seems to be his thing, the situation in Glendale is quickly becoming untenable.

Even if the Coyotes get the legal right to stay there for as long as they want, the City Council has made it clear that they're not wanted. And while I do feel sorry for the fans - even the casual ones who have had to learn to love the Coyotes and don't follow the team for the full 82 games - I have a suspicion that they're not in the majority, and that a lot of people may be getting annoyed at the amount of money being thrown at the Coyotes.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Oh **** off Toronto, Quebec city need a team before Toronto have 2 for ****s sake. Seattle I like, Bettman etc call this story bull**** though but time will tell

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
If this is true, 'Yotes to Las Vegas and Quebec and Seattle with the new teams would have been ideal for me, but this works too.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Bettman has shot down this rumor.

I wouldn't mind ARI going to Vegas, with Seattle, and Quebec getting expansion teams

OR

move ARI to Seattle, and Quebec and Toronto get teams.

Mazzie

Jan 19, 2006
Southwest Florida
I want Toronto to get a second team based solely on the chance they could win a cup before the Leafs win one. I'm guessing they would be a max cap team, given the market, so it's not too far fetched. Most awkward parade ever.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Just heard, Seattle, Toronto, Quebec City, Halifax, St. John's, Timmins and Anchorage to get expansion teams... everyone is in shock...wow, wait until the official report....

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Just heard, Seattle, Toronto, Quebec City, Halifax, St. John's, Timmins and Anchorage to get expansion teams... everyone is in shock...wow, wait until the official report....

Your supposed to put a sarcastic face in your post.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad