GDT: Coyotes@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If you have said compete level it might be a problem.

I chose my words carefully because nightly compete level (which is a real problem) is a lot different than the competitive level of ones team. :wg:

In fact its because we have no idea what level of compete they will bring, that we're even debating the merits of a losing to an inferior opponent on the ice.

Leafs should crush the Coyotes unless they don't show up that is.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I hate babcock. Complete idiot. How does that line help matthews or nylander? How about we give them skill (like each other) to get them going?

When is this idiot going to stop be a hard *** on our stars but reward players like brown/lindholm/zaitsev/marleau/hyman?

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Marner

KEEP THESE LINES FOR MORE THAN ONE ********* GAME! Oh btw last time we had those lines for a full game we beat the best team in the league.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
If they don't want this more than the Yotes something is very broken with this team.

I will be watching this one with interest to see which Leaf team shows up. I'm hoping I don't have to back away from caring so much for the rest of this season but it may come to that. My level of caring will be in direct proportion to the players themselves starting tonight.

Tavares, Kapanen,Hyman, Marner, Johnsson

For the guys who usually show up ready to play no fear and in That Order.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Time for dubas to take charge and takeway babcocks ability to demote our star players.

Trade johnsson + brown for a legit D

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Brown
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Lindholm - Gauthier - Nylander

God Damnit Babcock

Getting sick of this​

Matthews still should be able to produce against second line opposition.

However if it were me I’d try splitting up Tavares and Marner. Something like;

Johnsson - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Lindholm - Gauthier - Brown

Double shift Kadri and Matthews when possible on the LW of Tavares line.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

But somehow he's back on the 4th line. Babcock has lost it

I'll give Babcock the benefit of the doubt, and suggest maybe he's taking pressure off him by putting him on the 4th. line.

I expect he'll be on a PP unit ... if they actually get one.

Maybe he should put him on the PK, force him into something different. Alter his mindset.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

If anything Nylander should be able to take advantage of lower competition, especially against Arizona.

I'll give Babcock the benefit of the doubt, and suggest maybe he's taking pressure off him by putting him on the 4th. line.

I expect he'll be on a PP unit ... if they actually get one.

Maybe he should put him on the PK, force him into something different. Alter his mindset.

Exactly.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

If anything Nylander should be able to take advantage of lower competition, especially against Arizona.

Exactly.

no, this isn't an excuse. he explicitly said he doesn't want Nylander on the 4th line, and then did it anyway two games in a row. Nylander is badly lacking confidence, and getting demoted and playing with bad players isn't going to solve that. he needs to rack up some points. it also doesn't excuse Brown getting promoted, even though he's been terrible and is in no way more deserving than Kapanen

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
no, this isn't an excuse. he explicitly said he doesn't want Nylander on the 4th line, and then did it anyway two games in a row. Nylander is badly lacking confidence, and getting demoted and playing with bad players isn't going to solve that. he needs to rack up some points. it also doesn't excuse Brown getting promoted, even though he's been terrible and is in no way more deserving than Kapanen
He's not keeping Nylander on the 4th line long term...

Nylander even accepted this move with open arms cause he thinks this might help too.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He's not keeping Nylander on the 4th line long term...

Nylander even accepted this move with open arms cause he thinks this might help too.
what is Nylander going to say? that Babcock is an idiot for expecting him to produce on the 4th line? Playing Brown with Matthews and Nylander with 4th liners is a terrible way to get them both going, and it's not like we haven't seen that. he tried it literally the last game and it didn't help. we know Brown is too bad to play in the top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad