Coyotes Jersey Question

• Thread starter The Finnish MacInnis*
  • Start date

The Finnish MacInnis*

I recently bought off of eBay an authentic white Jeremy Roenick Coyotes jersey, I believe from the 97-98 season.

I have fallen in love with the colour scheme and design. I just want to ask you guys how you feel about the old jerseys vs. the current ones, and who in the blue hell didn't think the "southwest style" ones were unreal and changed them?

Don't get me wrong, I see the Coyotes' current get up as simple and classy, but you used to have a set of unis totally unique and with an identity.

Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I recently bought off of eBay an authentic white Jeremy Roenick Coyotes jersey, I believe from the 97-98 season.

I have fallen in love with the colour scheme and design. I just want to ask you guys how you feel about the old jerseys vs. the current ones, and who in the blue hell didn't think the "southwest style" ones were unreal and changed them?

Don't get me wrong, I see the Coyotes' current get up as simple and classy, but you used to have a set of unis totally unique and with an identity.

Comments?

Wayne Gretzky

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Comments?

Wayne Gretzky

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
One of only two positive contributions to the franchise. Don't know what anyone saw in that kachina jersey. Looked like a roller hockey jersey.

:p:

Loved the old look, to be honest.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
They went from completely unique to completely bland. Kind of like what the Dbacks did. I would have liked for both teams to stop somewhere in the middle. Like lose the purple and add a bit more tan.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I am with you. I cannot believe a majority of decision makers felt those unis shouldn't exist.

There was only one decision maker. Gretzky signed on with the condition that he could change the jerseys.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Old jerseys sucked. Pretty darn ugly. Maybe if they could go back to those old colors and logo but simplify them and clean them up a little. That would be awesome.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think a lot of hockey fans just really like bland no frills styling. All you have to do is pick 1 color in addition to white and then stick a giant letter on the front and they'll call the thing a masterpiece. Yuck.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I think a lot of hockey fans just really like bland no frills styling. All you have to do is pick 1 color in addition to white and then stick a giant letter on the front and they'll call the thing a masterpiece. Yuck.

Pretty much. I loved the old school jerseys.

huhwhtfkr

Aug 21, 2010
Back when we had style. love the old school sweater, new ones are just bland. so I wear the old school away on black nights and the brick on red nights.

The Finnish MacInnis*

Thanks guys for the input so far. I see there's definitely a divide.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
They may have been unique but the were vulgar, disingenuous, kitschy, and butt ugly.
Yeah but this coming from a guy who absolutely loves as bland of design as humanly possible. Heck, I bet I could design your jersey of choice with this text editor...

'P'

Nailed it. :wally:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I do like some plain uniforms. I like some pretty wild ones, too, though b

I LOVE The Chicoutimi Saguenéens uniforms...
610x.jpg

I love The Brynäs IF uniforms...
100905-sca06.jpg

Also love the Skellefteå AIK uniforms...
larsson.jpg

rt

May 13, 2004
You have to imagine Skellefteå without all of the goddamned adds.

You are right, though. I prefer simple. Sterile, even. If I had complete control and it were actully up to me, we'd be sporting something like this...

ArizonaCoyotes.png

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
You talked about Barcelona CF at one point so I understand the sleeve/color thing, but what do you like about the Skellefteå shirts? The stripes are too big and chunky to resemble the AZ state flag at all.

rt

May 13, 2004
You talked about Barcelona CF at one point so I understand the sleeve/color thing, but what do you like about the Skellefteå shirts? The stripes are too big and chunky to resemble the AZ state flag at all.

This was separate of the state flag thing. Those were just images of uniforms I really like. That's all.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This was separate of the state flag thing. Those were just images of uniforms I really like. That's all.

Simple works better when there is some sort of history behind it. It speaks for itself, it doesn't need a loud design.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
You have to imagine Skellefteå without all of the goddamned adds.

You are right, though. I prefer simple. Sterile, even. If I had complete control and it were actully up to me, we'd be sporting something like this...

ArizonaCoyotes.png
I could live with that, I do think the paw print is cool and it's a hell of lot better than the boring "hey let's just stick a giant letter on the front" design that seems to permeate the NHL.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
The current unis have grown on me but I loved the original ones and still do. I also liked us wearing the white jerseys at home especially during white outs that just seemed to make more sense. I like the Coyote head in the current logo. But heck, they could just wear plain jerseys with the player's name & number on it as long as they're playing where I can go see them in person.

Of course, if they relocate, then I'd want them to wear a really really groovy jersey, ya know? If they're going to all that trouble, they'd better have the best damn jerseys in sports, otherwise they might just as well stay in Glendale!

:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad