RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Annti Raanta (out for season)
Nick Schmaltz (out for season)
Christian Dvorak (out for season)
Jason Demers (out for season)
Michael Grabner (out indefinitely)
Brad Richardson (out week to week)
Kevin Connauton (who tf knows or cares really)

Pretty comical at this point. The injuries to the players aren't funny at all, but the injury luck that the Coyotes have had is pretty abysmal. This is the second year in a row that we have had major key players out for a significant amount of time. Last year it was Raanta, Hjalmarsson, Domingue, and Chychrun. This year Jakob Chychrun missed a good chunk of games in the beginning of the year rehabbing from a knee injury. Christian Dvorak hasn't played a game this season nor will he. Alex Galchenyuk missed the first month, Vinnie Hinostroza went down for a few weeks as well. Add those to the current list of key players out and it's almost unbelievable that the Coyotes are one decent winning streak away from a wild card spot. I highly doubt we will get there as we are much closer to the bottom than we are the playoffs, but it is kind of odd. This is also the second year in a row both of our goalies were out with injuries simultaneously and we had to rely on two minor-league goaltenders.

TLDR: don't come to Arizona the sun will injure your face off

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Would it be fair to suggest that maybe the Coyotes are lacking a quality training staff? They’re a very small market so maybe they’re missing something there.

This is 110% conjecture, just a question.

It's an absolutely fair question seeing as Chayka recently just dumped our entire medical staff and hired an entire new one. Also an extremely fair question seeing as 75% of these injuries were originally listed as something different than they turned out to be as far as time tables go. A few of these were originally listed as day-to-day injuries with hope of a quick return and then 2 days later ended up being season-enders.

Either the Coyotes were really trying to play their cards close to the chest or the medical staff is clearly unqualified.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Would it be fair to suggest that maybe the Coyotes are lacking a quality training staff? They’re a very small market so maybe they’re missing something there.

This organization has no $. they lost 50 million last season. They probably put no $ into it or scouting.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That really sucks guys. It’s a huge disadvantage, one of those things most fans probably don’t think about but a quality training staff is super important

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

All NHLers train with their own guys in the offseason. I'm not sure what an NHL training staff can actually do to significantly reduce injury besides make sacrifices to the Hockey Gods.

It's not like these injuries are caused by poor training. In most cases they are fluke events.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
all those injuries to the yotes and edm is still icing a worse looking roster. lol.

Reactions: Snakepit

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
All NHLers train with their own guys in the offseason. I'm not sure what an NHL training staff can actually do to significantly reduce injury besides make sacrifices to the Hockey Gods.

It's not like these injuries are caused by poor training. In most cases they are fluke events.
Informing nutrition and optimizing recovery are underrated here. They're a vital part of the wheel when it comes to getting that extra 5% out of a team.

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016

Why do teams like Washington, Toronto, and San Jose stay mostly healthy throughout a whole season?
Because they have quality, well-informed training staffs. Teams like Anaheim,Arizona,Boston,Dallas are constantly injured likely because their training staffs are garbage, they probably overtrain the players. Hasn't Jakob Chychrun injured himself in off season training 2 years in a row? Why? Simple, overworked.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
How different could one training staff really be?
Very very different. Proper trainers elevate athletes to championships and world records.

Bad trainers eventually result in torn muscles, broken bones, illness, lack of sleep, bad nutrition, lack of mobility, impaired cognitive abilities, lowered motivation etc.

The new science of sports training analyzes athletes at the level of heartbeat arrhythmia and aims to prevent it. The old methods cause arrhythmia and suboptimal physical performance.

Google TJ Dillashaw and BJ Penn to see the difference a trainer can make.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hasn't Jakob Chychrun injured himself in off season training 2 years in a row?

He had one injury in training. Chychrun has always been a gym rat I don't think his over-training has much to do with the Coyotes. Last season's injury took place in one of the final games of the season though not training. Same with Dvorak. Though Dvorak had a set back this year where he fell down while recovering and injured something else which is what he's out with now.

Grabner took a stick to the eye.

Richardson blocked a shot that hit his hand.

Demers got hurt in a collision with Turris.

Raanta just seems to be fragile. I think his is the best case for mismanagement though as they brought him back and then he immediately ended up on IR again.

We don't actually know where Schmaltz's injury occurred.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad