Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Hire Mitch Stewart as Strength and Conditioning Coach

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Not opposed to this. The organization is basically saying we're going really young for the next couple of year so might as well bring in the right guys to help nurture them along.

That's exactly what i was thinking. Bring someone in who knows how to build up players transitioning from Junior to Pros

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Looks like he was with the London Knights for about a decade.
Maybe this is an elaborate play to keep Dvo happy. Maybe work is just slow and I'm thinking out of my a**. Up to you to decide.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I think the better way to keep Dvo happy would have been to not let it be known that they were listening to trade offers for him.
I think every team listens to offers on basically every player, no reason not to (save a few of the big guys ala Crosby, Ovi, etc.). The important note was never that we were shopping him like he has to move. Teams definitely looked at our situation and wanted to take a stab at him.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think the better way to keep Dvo happy would have been to not let it be known that they were listening to trade offers for him.

A pro athlete should understand they are entering into a business arrangement with the team. The player trys to win games and the team compensates them generously. It's a not a marriage or a dog you adopted from the pound; lose the emotional attachment. Any player that gets upset based on trade talk needs to grow up.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Major college football strength coaches make a ridiculous amount of money. You would think a pro-level coach would be higher, but I bet it's much lower. Of course, college football revenue at the top end is undoubtedly higher than the average NHL team too.

upload_2021-9-1_13-12-47.png

upload_2021-9-1_13-14-54.png

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Looks like he was with the London Knights for about a decade.

Previous guy didn't have anywhere near that experience. One year at EXOS, two years at a YMCA, three years at a local tennis club.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think every team listens to offers on basically every player, no reason not to (save a few of the big guys ala Crosby, Ovi, etc.). The important note was never that we were shopping him like he has to move. Teams definitely looked at our situation and wanted to take a stab at him.
That can be done with less fan fair.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I think that most players know that they're always being talked about and could always end up on the move. It's part of the job.

Heck, with the moves we made this off-season, Dvorak would be a fool if he hadn't already considered packing his bags. Media attention or not.

Probably planned on getting the call just off the fire sale going on around him.

Reactions: moosemeister

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
A pro athlete should understand they are entering into a business arrangement with the team. The player trys to win games and the team compensates them generously. It's a not a marriage or a dog you adopted from the pound; lose the emotional attachment. Any player that gets upset based on trade talk needs to grow up.

Professional athletes aren't robots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad