News Article: Coyotes getting kicked out of Glendale in 2022

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Usually these kinds of shoes drop after some good news for the team, where's our offsetting good news? :laugh:

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
Strang strikes again:

At this point, I think she like pouring it on. I found this quote interesting and shows the level of childishness of COG:

In that same story, it was also revealed that Glendale City Council member Bart Turner sent a link to The Athletic’s “damning article” about the Coyotes to Tempe Council member Lauren Kuby.
“Just want to be sure you’ve seen the latest news about our favorite AZ sports franchise! Feel free to share,” Turner wrote.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
All I can say is you gotta think Meruelo and co have known this was coming for some time and have maybe been in talks for the team to play at talking stick for a few years? Just to hold out until a new arena is build? No one way was just sprung on them without them knowing it was coming

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
No way can Glendale get enough booked to compensate losing hockey. Trying to look tough for voters but could easily fold when the time comes and renew next season.

Reactions: Jakey53

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm trying to see how this doesn't doom us. One season left in Glendale? There's not enough time to do a whole lot. Call me negative, but I don't see good outcome here.

Someone mentioned the Thrashers. Thus is exactly why their fight for survival ended. They had nowhere to play. We need something really big to happen and we need it yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad