Confirmed with Link: Coyotes create Hispanic Advisory Board

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I can see why he does that, and it's his prerogative of course, but ideally you should have one fanbase, not two separate fanbases. I think. Not speaking the same language is the definition of not being a unity.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I can see why he does that, and it's his prerogative of course, but ideally you should have one fanbase, not two separate fanbases. I think. Not speaking the same language is the definition of not being a unity.

You're not having two separate fan bases. You're working to include more people from different demographics into your current fan base.

Oh, and also - just because someone's Hispanic doesn't automatically mean that they don't speak or understand English.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
You're not having two separate fan bases. You're working to include more people from different demographics into your current fan base.

Oh, and also - just because someone's Hispanic doesn't automatically mean that they don't speak or understand English.

Yeah, I have obviously no idea what I'm talking about, as usual. Sorry. :laugh:

Reactions: sundance74

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I love, love, love that we are targeting this demographic here. I'm a bit confused on why exactly we need a "board" to do this. But whatever. Growing the market is exactly what they need to do.

Also, you don't have to speak any language to have a good time at a game or celebrate together. I don't see why that enters it as a "unity" item. Cheering, smiling, and raising a beer are all shared languages. You don't have to understand a word to have a good time Haha

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I love, love, love that we are targeting this demographic here. I'm a bit confused on why exactly we need a "board" to do this. But whatever. Growing the market is exactly what they need to do.

Because the board members that they have are already deeply interconnected with other sporting and non-sporting Hispanic interests in the state. A couple of them - Chicanos Por La Causa, in particular - are trusted advocacy groups for Hispanic Arizonans that are very influential here in town. Univision is there, I'm almost positive, to work on getting Spanish-language game broadcasts going locally in town. Etc.

TL;DR, the Coyotes don't have the manpower to reinvent the wheel. This board makes it so they don't have to.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Also, you don't have to speak any language to have a good time at a game or celebrate together. I don't see why that enters it as a "unity" item. Cheering, smiling, and raising a beer are all shared languages. You don't have to understand a word to have a good time Haha

I would presume because Tucson is involved you’ll also see the Roadrunners involved along with it. It would make sense..... for once.

Reactions: ck26

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Because the board members that they have are already deeply interconnected with other sporting and non-sporting Hispanic interests in the state. A couple of them - Chicanos Por La Causa, in particular - are trusted advocacy groups for Hispanic Arizonans that are very influential here in town. Univision is there, I'm almost positive, to work on getting Spanish-language game broadcasts going locally in town. Etc.

TL;DR, the Coyotes don't have the manpower to reinvent the wheel. This board makes it so they don't have to.

I, for one, would gladly watch a Spanish language broadcast over McConnel, Nash, and Walsh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad