GDT: Coyotes @ Aves | 02/11/2013 | 7:00 MT | Sail Away to 1st overall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Most came back. EJ, McLeod and Bordeleau did not. EJ with possible head related injury, McLeod taken out with a dirty cross check, Bordeleau ripped his hand up on BizNasty's helmet.

EJ took 6'6" Hanzal's shoulder pad straight to the jaw. Even worse, EJ's own momentum carried him tangentially into the hit which would definitely increase the force and shock to his head. I'm definitely guessing with head injury until told otherwise.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What else ***** about it on message boards. :D. Seriously, tho I expect a big move from Shermy, I still have confidence in him.

Kadri will end up our scoring Stastny 2-1. Those leaf proposals sure do look good right about now.

Uh-huh...I'll take that bet. Everything if going honky-dory for Kadri right now. Just wait until things dry up. I'll be Stastny still outscores him.

I'm really getting the impression that Staz just doesn't want to be here any more.

Would you still want to be here? With a coach as clueless as this idiot?? Bonehead decision after bonehead decision...it just never ends.

When the **** does Stastny get the best wingers on HIS line???? We all know he's got the biggest contract and the most pressure to produce but when the hell are we giving him the best opportunity??? Until I see a reasonable answer to the question, I don't give a **** if he finished with 6 points in 48 games, I want a real ****ing coach on this team!!!!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I have a bad, sinking feeling that Stastny is going to play awesome for his next team.
That's great for him and his new team. I'm sure Shermy will get a good player for him too
Yeah, tough one for us Stastny defenders tonight. Although he wasn't nearly as bad as you guys make it out to be.

He had one scoring opportunity and he didn't even created it, he had the puck in the slot and he shot like how Paul usually shoots. He was irrelevant other than that , on both sides of the puck and he couldn't win a faceoff either.

I have serious question for you and other defenders of stazz that are based in Colorado, do you guys defend him so bad because he played for DU and you don't want him to leave? Please, answer truthfully.

@ bendy I don't actually believe kadri will out produce him 2-1 but ill take that bet of kadri putting up more points.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
I wouldnt be so sure. Guys we trade out of here fizzle. Guys we dont sign do well.

Stewart - 7 points in 11 games
Shatty - 13 points in 12 games
Drury - too lazy to look up but he was solid in BUFF and CGY. Sucked in NY.
Gilbert - still a solid puck moving Dman in right role (not top pairing dman, good enough for top 4)

ones that have sucked:

Wolski & Quincey - neither of those guys I'd lump Stastny's skill level or peak at.

Either way I am interested to see what team Stastny goes to. My money is either on St. Louis or NJ Devils.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Still about two months to the trade deadline. It may be the right time to sell on guys like Stastny and Jones.

Despite those two getting abused here every single game, the same people will be shocked at how little return we can get for those guys.

Like when Dallas traded Derey Roy who was in a same situation as Stastny. They just got a grinder in Steve Ott for him. And Roy did have a ALOT better contract than Stazz.

Stastny's cap hit for next season is killing his trade value so much, especially with the salary cap dropping this summer.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Would you still want to be here? With a coach as clueless as this idiot?? Bonehead decision after bonehead decision...it just never ends.

When the **** does Stastny get the best wingers on HIS line???? We all know he's got the biggest contract and the most pressure to produce but when the hell are we giving him the best opportunity??? Until I see a reasonable answer to the question, I don't give a **** if he finished with 6 points in 48 games, I want a real ****ing coach on this team!!!!

I don't disagree - I'm expressing my concern in a roundabout way about this rebuild. While they made some good moves early on, and even recently, they are alternately upsetting players in dealings with them (Anderson, O'reilly), driving guys to apathy with their loyalty to a **** coaching staff (Stastny), ruining the confidence of our starting goalie (Varly mid season last year and again now, also no goalie coach), and ruining the development of our prospects (Barrie, Elliott scratched for long periods instead of being sent down).

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!

Won't get it bendy. No point. Stastny won't succeed in COL. Might as well trade him cause having him around is a luxury. This team is going to suck. Might as well suck cheap and get something young-ER back.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I have a bad, sinking feeling that Stastny is going to play awesome for his next team.
If he does get moved (i think ROR goes first)I am interested who turns into the whipping boy by Dater and the Stastny haters around here. My bet is on David Jones.

I guess that would make sense if his best year came in a contract year, which it didn't.
Funny though that ROR's did and now that the Avs won't budge and alot of you still want to give him the moon.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I guess that would make sense if his best year came in a contract year, which it didn't.

How? His two best years were not in contract years.
Might just not give a ****. Or be Gomez Jr. Or need a chance of scenery. [enter excuse here]

Just trade him. It'll do him and the team more good.

True that his best years are not contract ones, but he is sure hell's playing like one.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Stewart - 7 points in 11 games
Shatty - 13 points in 12 games
Drury - too lazy to look up but he was solid in BUFF and CGY. Sucked in NY.
Gilbert - still a solid puck moving Dman in right role (not top pairing dman, good enough for top 4)

ones that have sucked:

Wolski & Quincey - neither of those guys I'd lump Stastny's skill level or peak at.

Either way I am interested to see what team Stastny goes to. My money is either on St. Louis or NJ Devils.

I see him going to STL and destroying us everytime he plays us. Plus daddy Stastny wants synergies with him and Stewart. Thing is who the heck can we convince the Blues to give up for Casper?

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Won't get it bendy. No point. Stastny won't succeed in COL. Might as well trade him cause having him around is a luxury. This team is going to suck. Might as well suck cheap and get something young-ER back.

So what do we do, give up on this rebuild now because it's clearly failed? (O'reilly holdout/Stastny imminent departure next season/no forward prospect depth/1 top 4 dman in the system)?

What are we the Blue Jackets?

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I see him going to STL and destroying us everytime he plays us. Plus daddy Stastny wants synergies with him and Stewart. Thing is who the heck can we convince the Blues to give up for Casper?

A player of midling significance at this point. Someone like Berglund?

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I have serious question for you and other defenders of stazz that are based in Colorado, do you guys defend him so bad because he played for DU and you don't want him to leave? Please, answer truthfully.
It does factor in a bit for me but not much, I didn't go to DU so I don't have that big of an alumni connection or anything like that. I just like his game when he's on. I mean the Stastny, McGinn and Jones line very nearly dragged us into the playoffs down the stretch last year when ROR and Lando ran outta gas.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
So what do we do, give up on this rebuild now because it's clearly failed? (O'reilly holdout/Stastny imminent departure next season/no forward prospect depth/1 top 4 dman in the system)?

Agree. unfair to judge this rebuild with all the top injuries. Besides,

The Avs will not trade him this season
1) No RoR
2) He may not put up huge numbers, but all in all he has been a solid #2 andnot a liability and he plays every game.
3) Contract is Rental prohibitive

The Avs will trade him this season
1) An overpayment comes back

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Instead of whining, I'll point to some positives:

Duchene get to play big minutes and looks good.

Barrie and Sgarbossa are showing some offensive talent, something we're lacking.

McLeod has worked hard and been disciplined, as has Bordeleau for the most part.

Hejda looks pretty good now he's shaken off the worst rust.

Parenteau is a solid addition.

Assuming there is such a thing as Karma, we're going to be awesome when things turn.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
True that his best years are not contract ones, but he is sure hell's playing like one.

So.. he plays like a contract player.. who isn't a contract player.. thus defining him as a .. contract player? :laugh: Don't go to Thailand bro. With that logic I am unsure if you'll be spending a night with a man or a woman. :laugh:

I see him bolting to St Louis as well. I think we could maybe squeeze out a winger from them. Which would be nice given Duke's retirement, Jones drunk self and injuries that'll happen to the team.

I wouldn't say the rebuild failed. I'd say the management failed. The player we have, tho albeit some we overpaid for, are solid to build around. A core of:

Lando - Duch - XXX
XXX - Staz - XXX
XXX - ROR - XXX

EJ - XXX

Varly​

Is not a bad start. Its just the supporting cast of dmen that suck. Offense just needs better coaching. But if management is unwilling to pay to keep certain players and more importantly, unwilling to make the office/bench chances to support those players it won't matter who we have on the ice if the person behind the bench is a moron.

Don't believe me? Look at the 2004 avs. Great iced team, BAD coach..

Ummmm not sure if you have looked or not but you might want to re-examine where we sit with cap space

We sit at 52 million.. I think that is too high given the talent of this team.

I make that trade any day of the week

Didn't you want stastny gone even when he was playing good? :laugh: I always remember you calling him casper when he wasn't scoring on the road in his early days and were open to trading him then.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Just getting back from the Flames game. So everyone died, and the ref threw the puck in the net for the Coyotes winner? Did I get that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad