Confirmed with Link: Coyotes announce Theme Nights and Promotions

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Quite a few bobbleheads this year...thats pretty cool. Looks really good and although I haven't been a student in 40 million years, I like those nights. It gets loud.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Dope.

I might've been the only one who wanted a welcome back whiteout but whatever. Can't wait!

I'm interested in one of the St. Patrick's Day jerseys; I wonder if McGinn's will be inexpensive enough to bid on :) I've followed them the last few seasons, but no luck on my bids; I guess I need to save some money ahead of time.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Looks good. Fridge magnets is a little lame - you used to be able to get them for free, and you could take a handful. In any event, you likely don't need a giveaway for the home opener. That's already a sellout. The other 40 games may require some sort of bribe.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I have to admit I took a couple pics with the Star Wars characters last season. I don't care if I'm too old, I'll always be a nerd at heart.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Maybe the Barroway's will take care of the STH like the team used to do before the Ice Edge era? I get to the arena about 5 to 7 on week nights and never get there in time for a bobblehead. It would be nice to reserve them for STH.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Maybe the Barroway's will take care of the STH like the team used to do before the Ice Edge era? I get to the arena about 5 to 7 on week nights and never get there in time for a bobblehead. It would be nice to reserve them for STH.

Agree with this 100% I get to the arena 3 hours early and can always tell when its goody day. Some lady, her husband and 3 kids all with Coyotes gear standing in the doorway before me, only time they come to a game..they get 5 bobbleheads and the next day 4 of them are on sale, on line.

Im a STH for the Dbacks too and they may consider doing something like the Dbacks and let us in a half hour early (although there is no "batting" practice" to watch) OR something like reporting to some door to pick up our bobbleheads 15 minutes early.....something.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
First off - a shout out to the Paw Patrol member I call "smiley" - she is bar none the BEST at doing what she does, with an ever present smile and enthusiasm that is unrivaled. She is dressed in brown to the left of DV in the pic.

STH's used to be guaranteed give aways. The team has said they will not do this, as it generates excitement having a limited number and sticking to it. Kind of silly, as they have so few sth's that they could easily ship give aways to them post season, or at any interval.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Decent list. If anyone scores a bobblehead this year and wants to trade it for some Swedish or Finnish hockey stuff, drop me a line.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
First off - a shout out to the Paw Patrol member I call "smiley" - she is bar none the BEST at doing what she does, with an ever present smile and enthusiasm that is unrivaled. She is dressed in brown to the left of DV in the pic.

STH's used to be guaranteed give aways. The team has said they will not do this, as it generates excitement having a limited number and sticking to it. Kind of silly, as they have so few sth's that they could easily ship give aways to them post season, or at any interval.

LeBlanc cited cost, not excitement, IIRC at a fan meeting a couple of years ago.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
LeBlanc cited cost, not excitement, IIRC at a fan meeting a couple of years ago.

Well, we all know we can believe LeBlanc :sarcasm:

It was brought up in the focus group I attended this spring and the tale we were told by the team was as I indicated earlier. Take it for what you will, but it makes very little sense not to guarantee items with so few sth"s, from a cost standpoint. Not too mention, that even LeBlanc wouldn't have been stupid enough to broadcast a cost cutting measure, particularly one so trivial.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Either way you cut it, if the Coyotes want to build a STH base, they will need to treat us as golden, not as afterthoughts. They can keep their pins, too. They need to do things in a substantial way. Perhaps an away game charter weekend for a reasonable price, with lodging in the players hotel. That would be a nice start.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Either way you cut it, if the Coyotes want to build a STH base, they will need to treat us as golden, not as afterthoughts. They can keep their pins, too. They need to do things in a substantial way. Perhaps an away game charter weekend for a reasonable price, with lodging in the players hotel. That would be a nice start.

This is what Las Vegas is doing that the Coyotes could really learn from. From what I've seen, you really feel like you're someone special if you're a VGK STH.

The last couple of years as a Coyotes STH I've felt like nothing more than a consumer asked to pay a higher price. I "credit" most of that to the IceArizona cabal; one has to hope Barroway will eventually improve things back to where they were, at the very least.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
I like the pins.

I would like for them to consider STH's more than anything else.
STH 's commit. They should appreciate that and show it.
The idea that that a "two fold" fan (two fold meaning times people fold up a ticket they buy on line and print out before stuffing it in their back pocket...5 times a year) can receive bobbleheds and a STH has to fight them off for ANY benefit at the door is ridiculous.
The Dbacks do it right, The Coyotes don't.
They have their reasons I guess.

They aren't starting off well in the marketing arena. Advertising packages with "no commitment" is ridiculous and an admission of defeat from the start.
The media blackout mystifies me. They need fans, they need to try and get fans interested enough to show up. And its blackout all summer.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Anyone else been seeing or hearing ads lately? They began running TV and radio spots a couple of days ago for the single game tickets available tomorrow.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
The add they play between innings once or twice of televised Dback games on Fox Sports Arizona are quite good. On 98.7 radio they play a radio advertisement of ticket sales going on at 10am tomorrow...and they play those maybe 3 or 4 times throughout the day.
One time on Doug and Wolf this morning so far.
There hasn't been any interviews of ANYONE associated with the franchise since the Patterson deal.
Of course there hasn't been any interviewing of Rattlers or Mercury people either which is just the standard a hungry, struggling franchise should strive for.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
While the not guaranteeing bobble heads etc. is annoying, I feel I'm treated very well as a sth.

Providing an exclusive entrance, where they literally roll out the red carpet for club / suite level sth's, providing several hundred dollars of food vouchers via swipe card and the service of my rep. (Sean Sanford) makes up for it.

Mostly I want W's, the rest is trivial.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Anyone else been seeing or hearing ads lately? They began running TV and radio spots a couple of days ago for the single game tickets available tomorrow.

It's usually around this time of year when they release the coming season's campaign. Obviously last year's was Coyotes 2.0. Other past ones have been stuff like Hockey the Hard Way and Hungrier Than Ever.

Based on the background of the Coyotes' site, this year's slogan could be "One Pack".

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Based on the background of the Coyotes' site, this year's slogan could be "One Pack".

That one is recycled. And hilariously it was mentioned in the 2.0 letter :laugh:

We're not going to tell you that we're "One Pack." We're going to show you.

We're not going to tell you its "Hockey the Hard Way." We are going to show you.

No taglines.
No promises.
No excuses.

Coyotes 2.0

Good times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad