OT: Coyotes adopt team dog, Luna (UPD: Graduation Day!)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
But it’s not a Coyote? Lame. It better not be some lap dog. If they end up with a Schittszu as the team pet, I’m done. Turning in my fan card after 23 years of loyalty. That’s the last straw.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The Windfall Willy ad campaign used by the Arizona Lottery is offensive to me as a native Arizonan. We are not mentally ill prospectors, lost in the hills, obsessed with copper treasure. Windfall Willy marginalizes a rich and vibrant culture here in this southwest and reinforces negative stereotypes that have plagued the good, hard working people of Arizona for too long. I am not Willy. You are not Willy. WE ARE NOT WILLY!
Oh yes we are. Just look at our governor and legislature. Only a bunch of Willies could elect that bunch.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Nice touch by the organization - seems like the is the newest thing with NHL teams, to have an 'office pet'.

Luna, name is a nod to their moon shoulder patches.

Alright jmichael7753, we're waiting:

rt

May 13, 2004
Alright, I’m not one to gush over a dog. I like them. I have owned several and I always try to be a respectful dog owner. But I never fawn over a dog. I don’t think of them as babies like many seem to. HOWEVER- that dog is sooooo f***ing cute!!!

I’m a quick pat on the head kind of dog guy. But that one...I’d probably full on cuddle. Might even use a baby voice.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
She's a good looking pup. I had a black lab named Knight for 13 years until he died. Loved that dog. Labs are great. Was so heart broken I didn't think I could ever get another dog. Made it about 3 months with an empty house and started researching. Didn't want to get another lab because it didn't feel right, so I adopted a blue Weimaraner. 10 years later and he's still my best friend. Very similar to labs but they have a unique personality all their own. Dogs > people.

rt

May 13, 2004
As much as I liked my German Shepherd who just passed away this summer, I don’t think I’d get another one. He was a really good dog but German Shepherds are very vocal and they have a lot of fur. Also, I like big dogs, but 80+ pounds is a bit excessive.

Greyhound rescue was always my plan. Best dogs ever. Dog tracks got shut down though. So I guess that’s out. Not sure if they make great pets though f they’re pets from birth. I think a lot of the benefits of having one as a pet come from it being raised as racing dog. I’ll have to do some research there. But every rescued greyhound I’ve ever met has blown me away in terms of temperament. Just the most easy going, laid back, chill dogs. And very short fur.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I love my shepherd. She isn’t very vocal but yes, the hair is non stop. I have to run my Roomba twice a day, every day during shed season (right now).

Since I moved further east we have been walking to Cosmos almost every night, and I bring the brush glove just to wiper her down every day. It’s finally starting to die down but I swear I’ve filled gallon sized trash bags with dog hair

rt sorry to hear about your loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad