OT: Coyotes adopt team dog, Luna (UPD: Graduation Day!)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah, that would be fun until it attacked someone.

There are domesticated Coyotes that can't be returned to the wild that would do alright hanging out at your average Howler promo.

If the Coyotes don't already sponsor a Coyote habitat at the Phoenix Zoo, they should.

Reactions: awfulwaffle

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would have thought they were announcing a return to the Kachina’s full time but the packing “growing” wouldn’t indicate that.

I don’t believe it’s a hockey personnel move. They wouldn’t use the mascot like that, I don’t think, for a player related move.

I’d have thought maybe another role being added to the entertainment side. Like cheerleaders. But we already have those. Maybe a full-time, in-house band? Maybe another media personality?

Ohhhhhh I bet it’s a Spanish Langauge Braodcast crew!!!!
Coyotes private jet?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I read this and thought " he does kind of have the same look on his face as Jeff Bridges in the dream scene from the Big Lebowski"

hqdefault.jpg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It might be a Kachina Jersey announcement.
How could that be described as “our pack is growing” with the mascot imitating a stork? As much as I’d like it to be a Spanish language broadcast team, a switch to Kachinas full-time, or a brand new arena, it just doesn’t make sense to announce it this way. They wouldn’t announce the return of Shane Doan this way either.

The only way they use Howler as a stork to announce something is if it’s either very silly (like a second mascot, living or stuffed) or something relatively inconsequential to the fan base at large (a birth announcement for a family associated with the team, either on the ice or in the front office).

The birth of the baby Cohen was publicly celebrated by the team. I’m sure they’d do the same for John Chayka or Olivia Campos or any of the other fairly high profile people associated with the team that are in their mid twenties to mid thirties that might be growing their family.

Either they’re getting a 2nd mascot of some kind or the Chaykas, Cohens or Matoses (I think Campos was her maiden name, pretty sure I went to elementary, maybe middle and possible high school with her and her sister) are expecting a new member of the family.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Could it be Doan back in the fold? Or an East Coast team nearby?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad