Hzzz

May 5, 2012
Plotnikov and Tikhonov were linemates in the 2014 WC

Now go get Ovechkin :nod:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm more curious how the team seems to be over the 50 contract limit now.

We're at 50 right now. Plachta and Plotnikov cancel each other out, and Sekac was our 50th contract.

What I'm not sure about is our active roster - I think with Cunningham's callup and even if Tikh is on the emergency list we're at 24...

EDIT:

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Basically the Coyotes brought in Plachta from Germany where he was doing great and put him in the AHL to see if his game translated to North America. It didn't. So we swap out Plachta for Plotnikov and see how he does for us the next 20 games or so.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Plotnikov is better than the stats suggest.

He plays physical and is big.

Got some chemistry with Tichonov.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
32 GP
0 G
2 A

giphy.gif
That gif pretty much sums up the trade deadline in general.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm routing for him, but it's going to be hard to get an evaluation on him because our coach would rather give Kyle Chiphcura minutes in meaningless games than evaluate anyone he doesn't know.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I just published a translated interview with Plotnikov about the trade, his hopes with the Penguins, what happened in Pittsburgh, etc.

http://thehockeywriters.com/sergei-plotnikov-getting-a-chance-in-arizona/

Have a good read

Excellent read.

Jury's still out for me whether it's worth resigning him, though. He's had a couple of really solid hits out there but his positioning is weak and he seems to get knocked off the puck fairly easily. Hopefully it's just adjusting to a new team.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Excellent read.

Jury's still out for me whether it's worth resigning him, though. He's had a couple of really solid hits out there but his positioning is weak and he seems to get knocked off the puck fairly easily. Hopefully it's just adjusting to a new team.
Well he should get a crack this month to show something, hopefully he does for his sake and for the Coyotes sake.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Excellent read.

Underlying stats are pretty good. Suggests there's more to him than just a hitter. His problem is that there's about to be important kids coming in next year, and there's already some vets moving down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad