Confirmed with Link: Coyotes acquire Plotnikov for Plachta + Cond 2017 7th

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Basic scouting report:

Assets - Is at his best when cycling the puck and maintaining possession with his big frame. Has a big frame and is a sound complementary winger with two-way capability. He can put up some numbers at lower levels, too.

Flaws- Needs to avoid taking too many bad penalties in the offensive zone. The jury is still out on whether he is capable of producing top-six winger numbers at the National Hockey League level. A late bloomer?

Career Potential - Big, complementary winger with a little upside.

Contract:

NHL: $925,000
AHL: $70,000
Performance Bonus: $2,850,000
Signing Bonus: $92,500

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
32 GP
0 G
2 A

giphy.gif

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
from Hockeydb

2011-2: KHL 53 13 7 20
2012-3: KHL 50 14 16 30
2013-4: KHL 53 15 20 35
2014-5: KHL 56 15 21 36
2015-6: NHL 32 0 2 2

basically he's nothing.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
from Hockeydb

2011-2: KHL 53 13 7 20
2012-3: KHL 50 14 16 30
2013-4: KHL 53 15 20 35
2014-5: KHL 56 15 21 36
2015-6: NHL 32 0 2 2

basically he's nothing.

sat's aren't everything. big guy, wins battles, looks like he belongs on the ice, gets flagged for looking at a guy (most of the calls against him were bad, to put it nicely.) but for some reason he can't seem to score.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I read that he has "good underlying numbers" but can't finish.

In other words, the perfect Coyote.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
Penguins fan here. Plotnikov came from Russia with high expectations, and fans and management expected him to play on a line with Malkin. When he played at the start of the season, he looked to be a very solid player but just wasn't capitalizing on any opportunities. He took too many penalties, but most of them were pretty bad calls. He isn't terribly fast, but he used his size to throw checks and battle for pucks, played responsibly, and got some good scoring chances. He still has some of the best possession stats of anyone on the team. The problem is that he has only 1 assist and didn't score a single goal. BUT, he usually played on the fourth line and didn't get very many minutes. Then he started being a regular scratch. Lots of fans have been angry/perplexed by this situation, unsure why he wasn't getting any chance to play and constantly being scratched in favor of new AHL call-ups.

Supposedly he expressed interest in wanting to go back to Russia, and was unhappy with how he was being used. I think this irked the coaches so that they decided just not to play Plotnikov at all. Its still unclear why he wasn't played, and it is also unclear at what point in time he first expressed his unhappiness with his situation. Coach Sullivan is really preaching "speed" with his players and how they play, and it could just be that Plotnikov wasn't fast enough.

Anyway, I really hope he gets a chance to actually play with you guys. I think he could be a solid bottom sixer, with top 6 potential.

Edit: Sorry, he has TWO assists, not one. Still, just look at his limited minutes played and keep in mind he was mostly on the fourth line. Then look at his advanced stats.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
When I heard about the trade I thought, hey another Plachta. Turns out there's only room in the organization for one of them though.

I have no idea other than as a hope and a prayer what this deal does.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Penguins fan here. Plotnikov came from Russia with high expectations, and fans and management expected him to play on a line with Malkin. When he played at the start of the season, he looked to be a very solid player but just wasn't capitalizing on any opportunities. He took too many penalties, but most of them were pretty bad calls. He isn't terribly fast, but he used his size to throw checks and battle for pucks, played responsibly, and got some good scoring chances. He still has some of the best possession stats of anyone on the team. The problem is that he has only 1 assist and didn't score a single goal. BUT, he usually played on the fourth line and didn't get very many minutes. Then he started being a regular scratch. Lots of fans have been angry/perplexed by this situation, unsure why he wasn't getting any chance to play and constantly being scratched in favor of new AHL call-ups.

Supposedly he expressed interest in wanting to go back to Russia, and was unhappy with how he was being used. I think this irked the coaches so that they decided just not to play Plotnikov at all. Its still unclear why he wasn't played, and it is also unclear at what point in time he first expressed his unhappiness with his situation. Coach Sullivan is really preaching "speed" with his players and how they play, and it could just be that Plotnikov wasn't fast enough.

Anyway, I really hope he gets a chance to actually play with you guys. I think he could be a solid bottom sixer, with top 6 potential.

Edit: Sorry, he has TWO assists, not one. Still, just look at his limited minutes played and keep in mind he was mostly on the fourth line. Then look at his advanced stats.

Appreciate the scouting report - thanks! :handclap:

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Any idea what the condition is for the 7th round pick? Not sure why the pick was even included. From what little I've read, Pitts got a little $$ relief but the players are both equally ineffective.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
How did Plachta look in Springfield? Must've been a drop off because he nearly made the NHL this year. Tippett said he had the hardest wrist shot at Coyotes training camp.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Could this be a combination of filling a spot for a Chipchura trade (please) and having a low risk trial of the Russian duo (Plop and Tik) to try and light a fight under both as far as the stats?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad