News Article: Coyote Oliver Ekman-Larsson is NHL’s best bargain

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
How well does OEL read English? Hope he doesn't see this and demand a raise, but he certainly deserves it.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Norris caliber defense and scoring at a 25 goal, 65 point rate, for $5.5 million? Very well could be the best contract in the NHL.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
One of my favorite HF tropes is this guy on the trade board, Signed - he calls him "the erotic EOL." I LOL every time I read that. :laugh:

I've seen that. He had five or six posts in a row in the OEL/EDM thread going right now. I'm not sure how to respond it him, though. Is he being serious? Does he mean to say exotic and doesn't realize that erotic is entirely different?

That poster baffles me.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
:handclap: :yo:

Now we must get you an OEL of Sweden photo for your avatar.

iu

iu

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I forgot about that. I'm so out of touch with international underwear companies :laugh:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I like OEL a lot and think his contract is good but the bargain pales in comparison to guys like Gaudreau and Panarin.I suspect all 3 will be a lot less of a bargain next contract!!!

Edit: Brainfart by me, I thought OEL only had one year left. Fantastic deal for the Coyotes.
Norris caliber defense and scoring at a 25 goal, 65 point rate, for $5.5 million? Very well could be the best contract in the NHL.

Last edited:

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I like OEL a lot and think his contract is good but the bargain pales in comparison to guys like Gaudreau and Panarin.I suspect all 3 will be a lot less of a bargain next contract!!!

Edit: Brainfart by me, I thought OEL only had one year left. Fantastic deal for the Coyotes.

Plus ELC don't count for obvious reasons

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
This thread got my interest on reasonable contract so I started looking at D men to compare with OEL and contract. It piqued my interest that OEL, Karlsson, and Klingberg are 3 Swedes in the top group of producing D men and all are on reasonable contracts. Are Swedes just reasonable or are the others just greedy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad