#CoxBlocked is over!

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
but what's the deal with AT&T Sportsnet not having an app or streaming option?

Does anyone have experience with ROOT sports and know of their app and if it works now that they're rebranded? Being at work all the time makes it tough to watch things on TV. I can't find a ROOT app anywhere.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Went out to grab a bite to eat & of course the NFL is on, but I was psyched to see hockey was on the TV next to it. Kings hockey. :shakehead Place I was at still can't get the Knights. The entire situation is such a mess. :shakehead

Anyone have confidence this gets resolved by opening night of the regular season?

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think we're getting close. Sisolak mentioned the Cox thing on twitter. I'm guessing once it gets to the government people saying something they've got to be close.

If not, having elected officials talking crap might light a little more fire.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Their season opener vs. Dallas should have been a national TV game.

Good luck to you guys though. I was first sceptical about Vegas. Not based on weather or anything that stupid. But market size.
Strong ticket sales convinced me otherwise.

Reactions: sabresfan65

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
What is that echoey buzzing on the AT&T Sportsnet? Been going on 3 games now. Think it stops for between period chatter from the booth, but continuing for 3 days? Almost sounds like some feedback that just echos the whole game

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Seems like a really tight deadline though.

I always imagined that it would be a last-minute deal, since there's no real leverage/reason for either side to get it done early. They'll keep negotiating until actual repercussions are encountered. For the sake of those of you in Vegas, I really hope it means you don't miss some of the regular season games.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've got a feeling they'll have it by 10/10 if not the first game of the season.

It's going to be a fairly major event, the first pro sports team in Las Vegas history taking the ice for the first time in Las Vegas ten days after what happened on Sunday. If the Coyotes game was huge before, it's enormous now. Major media event, IMO. I think it puts some major pressure on Cox to get it on.

Especially with the Vegas United movement the Knights/NHL are putting together.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The 10/10 game will be on Cox no matter what, since that game is on NBC Sports Network. If the deal isn't done in time for the 10/6 opener, they've got no reason to rush it for the 10/10 game.
Fugg...I forgot that game was national.

Alright, forget my theory.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Fugg...I forgot that game was national.

Alright, forget my theory.

In fact, if the deal isn't done in time for the opener in Dallas, I think the next important game on the schedule (from Cox's viewership perspective) would be 10/24, when the Hawks come to T-Mobile. I'd imagine Cox would like to have that game on, which means that seven games would have already been played.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
In fact, if the deal isn't done in time for the opener in Dallas, I think the next important game on the schedule (from Cox's viewership perspective) would be 10/24, when the Hawks come to T-Mobile. I'd imagine Cox would like to have that game on, which means that seven games would have already been played.

If it makes it past opening day, it might take months/never happen.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If it makes it past opening day, it might take months/never happen.

I talked to someone who knows a little (or maybe more than he's letting on) about the specific details of this negotiation. He wouldn't say anything detailed, but basically said the "final" offer is there and understood and one side is going to have to accept it. If they can't agree on it then yes this just may never happen.

He said it is very similar to the Dodgers deal where people close to the deal with competing bids were telling the Dodgers hey look, if you do this we can't assure you that we can ever carry you to our millions of subscribers. The Dodgers apparently thought it was empty threats for negotiation and ignored them and look where they are today. He didn't put it into words, but I got the message, that Cox is really considering just walking because they don't want to support a direct competitor and that they may have told VGK this at some point in the early discussions.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
At this point I don’t think a deal will get done. I hope I’m wrong and honestly I wouldn’t blame Cox for not wanting to carry a competitors channel. The organization should have done a better job in organizing this.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Have Cox, but not a fan.

Having problems with Caller ID (yes, I still have a landline LOL), old, obsolete, "refurbished" DVR not recording, Cox support not returning calls and now surely looking like no VGK games. Would like to switch services, but CenturyLink Prism isn't available where I live, and after the introductory offer DirectTV looks too pricey. Plus, I live in a small condo and not thrilled about sticking a dish on my even smaller patio...and don't people ever steal those things? :huh:

Anyway, I'm laying the blame squarely on VGK management. More concerned with folks in Boise being able to watch the games than here in Las Vegas.

Ignorant. Incompetent. Or both.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
And the weird part to me is that T-Mobile has Cox Business as their internet provider.
If a deal doesn’t get done, the Knights and opposing teams/media will be using that service.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

That article is spot on. The team screwed this up from the start. From an outsiders POV, it really does seem like being the team of the Rockies was more important than having a firm cable deal here.

Even stranger the team has made more community overtures to Rocky Mountain states as it has to Vegas itself. That "Golden Knights Road Trip" visited 5 cities in 3 states, but to date they've done no outreach events like that here. Just bizarre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad