Cowen broke Silfverberg's hand last night (mod warning: post #15)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Who the **** is silfverberg? Is it some kind of iceberg, but instead of ice, it is silver? So hence the name silfverberg? If i found a silfverberg floating around on the ocean, i would mine it and become rich. /joke

*I'll see myself out now after that crappy joke*

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Never like to see a guy get hurt, especially a guy like Silf, who left without causing any drama and played his heart out while he was here. Hope he recovers fully as soon as possible.

Still, I like Cowen getting physical. Its something he can do extremely well, and its good to have a guy on our team that other teams need to watch out for because of clean, hard hits.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Still, I like Cowen getting physical. Its something he can do extremely well, and its good to have a guy on our team that other teams need to watch out for because of clean, hard hits.

I agree. It's unfortunate the results, but it's awesome to see Cowen pinching in in the blue line although he got passed, blast back to the puck, and chuck Jakob down like a sack of potatoes. I mean Silf isn't the fastest skater , but it's still a good play to show how much of a physical beast Cowen can be.

He just has to get back into the flow of the game and get some confidence. Not many people can be that big and still be as good of a skater as him.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I agree. It's unfortunate the results, but it's awesome to see Cowen pinching in in the blue line although he got passed, blast back to the puck, and chuck Jakob down like a sack of potatoes. I mean Silf isn't the fastest skater , but it's still a good play to show how much of a physical beast Cowen can be.

He just has to get back into the flow of the game and get some confidence. Not many people can be that big and still be as good of a skater as him.

Judging by the article the incident you mention is not what broke Silf's hand. It was a slashing.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Let's all take 2 seconds and have a quickie refresher course on what constitutes trolling, shall we?

From the FAQ:
2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; please keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

TL;DR: don't get an infraction for something stupid.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
don't get an infraction for something stupid.

If infractions were handed out for stupidity it would be very quiet around here...

....and way better.

sidenote.......it says "wishing injury on a player", what if they are already injured, I cannot express that I am happy about it?
Like if ....Kaleta, misses a check, goes into boards head first, breaks his jaw...I cant say 'looks good on him'?

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I get why part of my post was cleaned up- but not really the part where I said this was a play I'd hope to see more of from Cowen, and that it was bad luck that Silfverberg broke his hand as a result of it.

Didn't wish any ill or celebrate the injury. Just that Cowen needs to use his size and strength more effectively out there, and this play was an instance of him doing just that.

:dunno:

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
I get why part of my post was cleaned up- but not really the part where I said this was a play I'd hope to see more of from Cowen, and that it was bad luck that Silfverberg broke his hand as a result of it.

Didn't wish any ill or celebrate the injury. Just that Cowen needs to use his size and strength more effectively out there, and this play was an instance of him doing just that.

:dunno:

I wouldn't wish an injury on (mostly) anyone, but I agree that I'd like to see more of that from Cowen.

That play was pure Cowen physical beatliness. God knows our team could use a boost somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad