OT: COVID-19 Megathread IV (NO POLITICS)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Mr Adz is still dealing with what we think is covid toe. At first he thought it was chilblains but upon further study deemed it related to his bout of covid.

My daughter and son in law both had it late January (Mr. Adz was early Jan) and they're all still dealing with the fatigue but pushing through. My granddaughter had it but is showing no problems from it--she's back to playing volleyball.

I couldn't get well for a year, but I don't think I ever had covid. Maybe having every other immune disease that could find its way into me "spared" me.
Nah just been lucky tbh. The wife and I went 2 years, during the early lockdowns I was working overtime while everyone else was sitting at home. I hadn't been anywhere but a quick jump into a gas station for an item or two and work where we are really spread out. We've avoided large group settings, especially ones indoors and it got me. Short of never leaving your house you really couldn't get any more precautionary than us and we still managed to get it.

Reactions: adsfan

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I know lots of people here have an issue with Joe Rogan but he had Dr. Michael Osterholm back on. He is the Director of the Center for Infection Disease Research and Policy ( CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota. He also is part of the Covid team for the Biden administration. Lots of good information about lots of different things about Covid, including masks, effectiveness of different levels of vaccination, and origination of the original virus. Also covers some of the mistakes made by the government and talking heads as far as how the virus was discussed.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Reactions: bdub24

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I figure I better get my 4th shot soon too. We have lots of folks out with Covid at work right now. It's hard to say for sure since we weren't always in touch as often before as we are now, but it sure seems just from a manpower perspective that I know more people today with Covid than at any other point in the whole pandemic. :dunno: I definitely don't want to miss any work right now if I can possibly avoid it, so I'll take any little bit of extra protection I can get.

Reactions: PredsV82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah we had omicron roll through in February here but since then I haven't heard of anyone having Covid around here. I'm sure it's still floating around but it definitely took a harder nose dive than at anytime since it started from what I've seen.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Are you in North Carolina by chance? I haven't heard of anyone getting COVID lately except our teams in NC.
Maryland now, and Covid has exploded the last 3 weeks. I'm surprised we haven't gone back to mask mandates like Philly.

I don't know anywhere that isn't basically at about the highest Covid rates ever since the pandemic started. Just, sure, it's not being tested or reported on the same. And the key thing in that is most people are vaxxed and boosted, so even though the cases are through the roof, it isn't as problematic as before. We only know because we have to have mandatory testing still, but otherwise, if you don't do that, people are just plowing through it and unaware, because they aren't even getting tested. Thank-you vaccines! :handclap:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Maryland now, and Covid has exploded the last 3 weeks. I'm surprised we haven't gone back to mask mandates like Philly.

I don't know anywhere that isn't basically at about the highest Covid rates ever since the pandemic started. Just, sure, it's not being tested or reported on the same. And the key thing in that is most people are vaxxed and boosted, so even though the cases are through the roof, it isn't as problematic as before. We only know because we have to have mandatory testing still, but otherwise, if you don't do that, people are just plowing through it and unaware, because they aren't even getting tested. Thank-you vaccines! :handclap:
Philly dropped the mandate.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Spent last week with friends in Dahlonega Ga. First overnight trip since before the virus hit and we were completely maskless. Was great. With numbers like this I was finally confident with my county and theirs.

1650731071582.png

Reactions: Adz

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We have not seen any cases at our clinic so far. I Have not gotten my second booster yet.
Agreed, I don't think anybody is going in to clinics for this anymore. And the average daily case counts are meaningless because it simply is not being tracked. I would say the peak here was maybe 1-2 weeks ago when Philly did have the indoor mask mandate re-instated. It is perhaps tapering off a little bit the last few days. But it was the quietest highest peak ever, which again speaks mostly to the efficacity of the vaccines.
:handclap:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The .most important sign that things are better is that the hospitals are not filling up even though the BA2 variant apparently is on the rise. People are not getting any sicker than a common cold. My 21 year old is at college and came down with symptoms that 6 months ago would have got him quarantined but now they didnt even test him just told him he had a viral URI

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It appears that it is holding true to the fact most viruses get less deadly over time but maybe more transmissable.

Considering the amount of pushback against vaccines it can't be just that. Granted it's possible with how many people got delta and omicron natural immunity may be playing the same part.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Timely news drop tying in to this discussion. Once again, i'm sharing a link to search results so everyone can pick whatever source they like best...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad