Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
3o9a51 (2).jpg

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Epic Games had a weaker selection of free games recently. What they've got now is pretty good though. Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride.

I haven't played Carcassonne in years, but both of these games are great if you want some tactical board game action. There was supposed to be a third game free I'm not familiar with, based on stopping pandemics. I don't know what happened with that one. Maybe they felt it was inappropriate.

In real life board games, I saw that they're selling a 'fast' version of Monopoly. Claiming on the box that you'll actually finish games. Is it just the regular game, but explicitly stating to play by the rules? Doing auctions when the player lands on a property they can't afford or don't want, and two, don't give free parking bailouts?

Next week on Epic is a big one though. Kingdom Come: Deliverance (and to a lesser extent Aztez)

Also, a reminder that Twitch Prime games for February are out. I only really know Desert Child, which is apparently a very short game that I still couldn't be bothered to finish. It'd probably be okay if you're exactly in the right mood to grind to a chill game for 2-3 hours and into stuff like Cowboy Bebop.

I've also read that the Narcos game is unbelievably bad.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Epic Games had a weaker selection of free games recently. What they've got now is pretty good though. Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride.

I haven't played Carcassonne in years, but both of these games are great if you want some tactical board game action. There was supposed to be a third game free I'm not familiar with, based on stopping pandemics. I don't know what happened with that one. Maybe they felt it was inappropriate.

In real life board games, I saw that they're selling a 'fast' version of Monopoly. Claiming on the box that you'll actually finish games. Is it just the regular game, but explicitly stating to play by the rules? Doing auctions when the player lands on a property they can't afford or don't want, and two, don't give free parking bailouts?

Next week on Epic is a big one though. Kingdom Come: Deliverance (and to a lesser extent Aztez)

Also, a reminder that Twitch Prime games for February are out. I only really know Desert Child, which is apparently a very short game that I still couldn't be bothered to finish. It'd probably be okay if you're exactly in the right mood to grind to a chill game for 2-3 hours and into stuff like Cowboy Bebop.

I've also read that the Narcos game is unbelievably bad.
The only rule changes that make Monopoly better is if the rule is "throw the piece of shit game in the trash and play something good instead."

Pandemic is kind of a classic coop entry level board game - might have pulled it due to Wuhan but it came out in like 07 or something and is a pretty fantastic seller (probably just below the Catan tier - nearly everyone I game with has a copy). Carcassonne is... fine. Not big into tile laying games like that personally.

Ticket to Ride is a great entry title though - probably my favorite of the pure entry level board games. Simple rules, some surprising elbows - it's not bad.

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The only rule changes that make Monopoly better is if the rule is "throw the piece of **** game in the trash and play something good instead."

Pandemic is kind of a classic coop entry level board game - might have pulled it due to Wuhan but it came out in like 07 or something and is a pretty fantastic seller (probably just below the Catan tier - nearly everyone I game with has a copy). Carcassonne is... fine. Not big into tile laying games like that personally.

Ticket to Ride is a great entry title though - probably my favorite of the pure entry level board games. Simple rules, some surprising elbows - it's not bad.
I played a few games of Carcassonne, and you're right. It's respectable, but I think the theme carries it more than the gameplay.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
9b1be62466dda0d60564d093abba3659.png

Did the most Finnish thing today and stood in line for half an hour for a free plastic bucket.

Is there food though ? cos id do that too.

We go to the local hardware store JUST for a cooked sausage on bread with some tomato sauce. We sometimes might go in the hardware store...but always will get the sausage on bread...always.

You will find this at EVERY SINGLE Bunnings hardware store in Australia
5250252014_7ef7e5ce59_b.jpg

4FDFC07900000578-6145595-The_organisers_of_Bunnings_Warehouse_s_sausage_sizzle_have_revea-a-1_1536399805003.jpg

I must also point out - they also do this at every Election too - lol I swear people only go for the food - but the other problem is we get fined if we dont vote.

Now i want a free bucket.. reminds me of some of my favorite dad jokes..

Whats red and looks like a bucket ??
- a red bucket

Whats yellow and looks like a bucket ?
- a red bucket in disguise

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is there food though ? cos id do that too.

We go to the local hardware store JUST for a cooked sausage on bread with some tomato sauce. We sometimes might go in the hardware store...but always will get the sausage on bread...always.

You will find this at EVERY SINGLE Bunnings hardware store in Australia
5250252014_7ef7e5ce59_b.jpg

4FDFC07900000578-6145595-The_organisers_of_Bunnings_Warehouse_s_sausage_sizzle_have_revea-a-1_1536399805003.jpg

I must also point out - they also do this at every Election too - lol I swear people only go for the food - but the other problem is we get fined if we dont vote.

Now i want a free bucket.. reminds me of some of my favorite dad jokes..

Whats red and looks like a bucket ??
- a red bucket

Whats yellow and looks like a bucket ?
- a red bucket in disguise
The Home Depots and Lowes I've been to seem to have hot dogs too, during certain hours. Probably the most reliable place to get one, actually.

Is Home Depot the largest hot dog chain in America?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Humble Digital Tabletop Bundle 2 (pay what you want and help charity)

Reigns is pretty interesting. You make decisions as a ruler that guides your life and kingdom. It does get repetitive eventually and looks like it's a mobile game, but it, and it's sequel are on the 1 dollar tier, so not much lost if it doesn't click for you.

Armello was disappointing. It looks great, but it's heavily luck (RNG) dependent. Kind of kills fun.

Slay the Spire at the $10 tier is something I'm playing a bit now. It's like a more accessible Darkest Dungeon, but as a rogue-like card game. The graphics aren't great, but it seems like it's mechanically a pretty solid game. Despite being a deck building game, there's no micro transactions. The game has one of the highest user reviews on Steam.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Epic Store games are up for the week.

I played a bit of Faeria, enough to get through the tutorials. I see it described as a mix of Hearthstone (or Magic) and Catan.

Faeria hasn't clicked with me yet, as the tutorials weren't really all that helpful and you sort of just need to play to understand it.

The other game up is Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, which I don't think sold very well. It was the last in the yearly installments before they took some time off and came back with the revamped gameplay of Origins and Odyssey.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
iPhone or Android? I've been a droid guy my whole life. Had an iPhone like 5 years ago, I think it was the 4, and it was probably the worst phone I ever had. I have a Galaxy S8 now, and am due for an upgrade. The S20 is a little too pricey, and all my friends tell me to go iPhone 11. Thoughts?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
iPhone or Android? I've been a droid guy my whole life. Had an iPhone like 5 years ago, I think it was the 4, and it was probably the worst phone I ever had. I have a Galaxy S8 now, and am due for an upgrade. The S20 is a little too pricey, and all my friends tell me to go iPhone 11. Thoughts?
I was on Android first (Google Nexus S - those were the days) but got an iPhone 5s as a gift for my birthday back when it was still new (didn't ask for it btw). Stayed on iPhone ever since and never looked back. Got the 6 at work afterwards, then the 8, then the XR. For private use I have an 8 Plus. No experience with the 11 though.

Reactions: Coopers Gum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad