Couple of NHL record questions

noodleboy*

What is the most amount of goals one team has scored while their opponent was serving a five minute major?

Also, has there ever been a full five-minute 5-on-3?

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
What is the most amount of goals one team has scored while their opponent was serving a five minute major?

Also, has there ever been a full five-minute 5-on-3?

Wasnt it back in the '98 playoffs that St. Louis came back from a 4-0 deficit against LA to score 4 goals in a 5 minute major? Off the top of my head that's all I can think of.

Never have I ever heard of a 5 minute 5 on 3 but I do remember a 7 minute power play for Ottawa in the '06 playoffs against Tampa Bay. Chris Neil turtled like he was Claude Lemieux while Dingman wailed on him. Dingman got the 5 mintue major and two minute instigator penalty and Ottawa got 3-4 goals

Whenever people talk about Neil being so tough it gives me great pleasure as a Leaf fan to bring up this moment.

noodleboy*

I do remember that Sean Avery got a nine-minute penalty once when he was with LA, against Phoenix.

He was trying to sucker Shane Doan into fighting in front of the LA net, he wrestled Doan to the ground and started throwing punches, and Doan was just lying there, and Avery kept throwing punches. Phoenix got two goals in those nine minutes.

Al Bundy*

Wasnt it back in the '98 playoffs that St. Louis came back from a 4-0 deficit against LA to score 4 goals in a 5 minute major? Off the top of my head that's all I can think of.

Never have I ever heard of a 5 minute 5 on 3 but I do remember a 7 minute power play for Ottawa in the '06 playoffs against Tampa Bay. Chris Neil turtled like he was Claude Lemieux while Dingman wailed on him. Dingman got the 5 mintue major and two minute instigator penalty and Ottawa got 3-4 goals

Whenever people talk about Neil being so tough it gives me great pleasure as a Leaf fan to bring up this moment.

But that backfired on Tampa badly, so I find it funny that you enjoy a moment that ended up costly for the Bolts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad