Counter proposal coming...probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
N.Y. Orangeman said:
Scibe,

Have you heard anything regarding revenue sharing? Is this an option that the owners are willing to consider?

They better be. I recognize the reasons for a cap much as most fans do, but if this dies because the owners won't put revenue sharing on the board there will be a pretty quick about face in terms of fan support.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
hockeyscribe22 said:
if they're compromising on the cap, then that will most definitely be brought up.

The Score is saying that the PA won't finish any deal until they see a meaningful revenue sharing from the NHL. Doom of any deal.

monkey_00*

mudcrutch79 said:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp;jsessionid=GNDDIMELGMGD?content=20050215_102404_5036

Apparently there may be a counter today. Two paragraphs of note:

The NHL has agreed to most of the PA's Dec. 9 proposal, such as having guaranteed contracts, qualifying offers, no maximums on lengths of contracts, and no deadlines on when contracts get done.

The league's counter proposal Monday included a high-end cap of $40 million, with a luxary tax of 50% starting at $36 million. The league remains adamant there will be no meaningful revenue sharing amongst teams.

mudcrutch79.........

I would like to see these guys finally come to a conclusion with all of this stuff and get back to playing some NHL hockey........but at this stage of the game I highly doubt it.......but stranger things have happened though.

Cheers!

monkey_00

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
vanlady said:
The Score is saying that the PA won't finish any deal until they see a meaningful revenue sharing from the NHL. Doom of any deal.

I knew it would be something, one last kick in the groin to the fans. you can't be too optimistic after everything they went through, then to finaly be actualy able to talk on the same page. Hopefully this gets bettman fired, how much clout do the leafs and red wings have? I would be peeved too for flushing the NHL down the drain for good because you tried to squeeze every last drop of blood out of the NHLPA.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
vanlady said:

That is very fair I think, and I'm totally with the PA in regards to that. The PA has come over to the dark side with the acceptance of a cap, and now its time for the league to go over the the PA's side on this one. Also revenue sharing will be a huge part in terms of the success of a cap. Here's how I see it, the NHL offers meaningful revenue sharing, and will the NHLPA will bring their cap down to a more reasonable level.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
ScottyBowman said:
I wonder what all those hard line small market fans have to say about the PA making the NHL come up with a MEANINGFUL revenue sharing plan.

Read above.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
ScottyBowman said:
I wonder what all those hard line small market fans have to say about the PA making the NHL come up with a MEANINGFUL revenue sharing plan.

Why would a small market fan be against revenue sharing? That said, it likely is a ploy to try and divide the owners rather than a real item to push for by the players. As long as they have a Cap and Floor that they can live with, what do they care about revenue sharing?

thrash27

Sep 14, 2004
Would both accept somthing like this since it has both there deals in there kind of?

30 bottom
40 start of tax $1.00
52 cap

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Jaded-Fan said:
Why would a small market fan be against revenue sharing? That said, it likely is a ploy to try and divide the owners rather than a real item to push for by the players. As long as they have a Cap and Floor that they can live with, what do they care about revenue sharing?

Alot more money going to the lower revenue teams will help those teams maximize spending within the cap range, hence more money throughout the league for the players and their contracts. The NHLPA wants to keep as many teams as possible to spending the maximum every year thus maximizing the money for the players.

And you're right, the small market fans are not against revenue sharing at all, of course if its under a cap. Its the big market guys that don't want revenue sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce