TSN: Countdown to TradeCentre: Sens look to avoid a 'circus' this year

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
What circus? I only remember the gong show.

https://www.tsn.ca/countdown-to-tra...ircus-at-this-year-s-trade-deadline-1.1427679

There was no shortage of trade speculation for the Ottawa Senators last season as they looked to deal Mark Stone, Matt Duchene and Ryan Dzingel ahead of the deadline.

General manager Pierre Dorion said Tuesday the team has an idea for how they will proceed at the trade deadline and will look to move some pending unrestricted free agents, but will try to manoeuvre in a quieter way this time around.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Seemed to me like the circus wasn't about info leaking out, but rather just the volume and caliber of players being dealt that year combined with the well publicized financial issues being speculated on as the reason. I think Dorion is off base thinking that potential exists this year. We don't have the players it takes to create a circus, it's mostly just spare parts.

The only player fans will even remotely be upset about leaving this year is Pageau, and i think most see him as a secondary player being moved for the right reasons.

Reactions: DrEasy

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Seemed to me like the circus wasn't about info leaking out, but rather just the volume and caliber of players being dealt that year combined with the well publicized financial issues being speculated on as the reason. I think Dorion is off base thinking that potential exists this year. We don't have the players it takes to create a circus, it's mostly just spare parts.

The only player fans will even remotely be upset about leaving this year is Pageau, and i think most see him as a secondary player being moved for the right reasons.

A lot of hearts being broken too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad