Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Trade Tavares?
No one would want him, so they would have to give picks and prospects.
So i would let him play out his contract but the next coach should put him on the 4th line and off the freaking power play.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
yea... I was so mad, then depressed, then trying to justify to myself why its good and it would be better for the future... that I completely forgot about Matthews didn't return in the 3rd

what happened?
who cares that he didn't come back though

it doesn't matter one little bit if he comes back next game or not, it's a wrap either way

the guy is an awesome goal scorer but call a spade a spade the dude is also a playoff bust, alwats has been, he isn't a leader so why would anyone give the C to this guy

get out the broom, sweep out most of these guys, try and find some good players that they can talk into playing here because this franchise is slowly becoming what it used to be again- good players will be avoiding this city like the plague soon enough just like they did before so they're either going to have to talk players into coming here or pay them 11 million to stay here just like they've already done a couple times....

Reactions: TMLife17

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Boston right back where they were in the first round last year being up 3-1 and heading home for game 5. Hopefully the series ends with the same results....
View attachment 860944
1000004075.gif

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I wished the Leafs were as successful as the Knicks/Mets, at least those teams made the finals in their leagues during the years.

History wise the Leafs are closely reassemble to Sacramento Kings. The Kings are the biggest thing in that market and like the Leafs, haven't made to the finals for 60 years.

Knicks last finals appearance was in 1999 which was a lockout shortened year (they lost) and they have done shit all since then. 5 first round exits, 16 seasons without even making the playoffs, 2 first round wins, 1 conference final appearance.

Reactions: TMLife17

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
lot of posts slamming the Leaf effort, and to be fair that’s not giving the Bruins credit. And don’t get me wrong, you just gotta have the heart to better as the Leafs. Bruins were just better, played a hell of a game.
Personally my position is that if we are going to get these results with them on teh team all teh time we need to move on and see if we can achieve something better with a different look and different set of players. Whats teh worst that could happen? lose again in the 1st round? or not make playoffs?

I mean I want to get a different look too; the issue is that their NMCs and NTCs are binding contract. If we really want results next season then you request them to waive and if they don't then you pressbox them until they beg to be moved lol; of course telling them that they will not be dressed in the line up.

Tavares am not sure he would give a crap he's made his money; i don't think he is getting a "retirement contract" anymore. Marner on the other hand his contract would be based on his production next season so there may yet be hope with him if Leafs play hardball here....

None of that is really going to happen though. Let’s be real. They can not offer Marner a contract, and they can ask those guys to waive, but some world where they get healthy scratched in a hardball move only exists in a land of leprechauns and unicorns, it’s not real.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I believe the contract is all signing bonuses and we don't get cap relief, that would be a last resort imo.
Yep, about 800k in relief if we go that way. But if you are going to change the team and culture, then it should be considered.

If you could clear up a lot of room in convincing Marner or even Rielly to kindly take their talents elsewhere, then the JT hit wouldn't be quite as bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad